Monday, June 12, 2006

Conversation with zachary

I put Zachary to bed and lay down beside him

Zachary: Mama?

Me:what

Zachary: will you sing to me that song like you used to

Me: The rainbow song?

Zachary:Yes that one

Me: Somewhere over the rainbow......................................

Zachary: Oh mama you sing bootiful<his words>

Me: Thank you baby

Zachary: sing me anotder song...<he always mixes his sounds uponthe word another>

Me: ok.......Ive been working on the railroad...............

Zachary: wow that was a great song sing anotder

Me: Zachary you need to go to sleep young man

Zachary: Pllllleeeeaaassseee

Me: ok Jesus love the little children all the children of the world Red and Yellow black and white they are precious in his sight Jesus love the little children of the world

Zachary: MOM you forgot TAN some kids are TAN..

Me <snickering> ok Tan ones too

Zachary: Ok good night mama I love you and your singing

Me: good night...close those eyes stink pot

Zachary: giggles

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is just so sweet!!! Emma tells me to be quiet when I try to sing to her, but Matthew and Bethany LOVED it when I did.  My favorite was to sing "Love Me Tender" to them.  That little one of yours is very special indeed!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just love your conversations with Zachary ~ he is just so sweet ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Tooo sweet! What wonderful conversations you have with this child, Donna. You have a book in the making, I hope you realize... and if it doesn't get published to the world... but parts of it have been, here on your blog... it is certainly something to print and keep for your family. Do any of us bloggers make copies on paper of our blog? I don't... I think maybe I should, but I never do. It's something to consider. I think our children and grandchildren would appreciate knowing us in this way after we are gone. something to think about, isn't it? Bea

Anonymous said...

sooo sweet!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

that is so cute, now my kids used to love my singing when they were younger and now they say Mom don't even open your mouth.

Anonymous said...

Glad Zachary wants no one left out!  Singing to them, with them, makes for some wonderful life long memories.  And If you are like me, they are the only ones besides God who will ever think my singing is beautiful.  :o)  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

Oh, these entries are always so heartwarming...