Sunday, June 4, 2006

Yesterday it happened

 

 

A picture of The day of the rehearsal

 

 

Yes It has happened!!!!!

Yes I cryed!!!!  I cryed tears of joy.....

My oldest son got married a threshold of life all mothers of sons eventually experience...

I would have to rate it right up there almost when I gave birth to him

To watch my son with Ashley and see the deep love he feels for her and see it returned in her eyes...

It was so touching.....

Me trying not to cry but not succeeding

 

 

We had a mother son dance and we dance alone in front of everybody to a song by boyz2men called Song for <Mama.... a few lyrics

You taught me everything
And everything youve given me
I always keep it inside
Youre the driving force in my life, yeah
There isnt anything
Or anyone I can be
And it just wouldnt feel right
If I didnt have you by my side
You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me
Youll always be you always will be the girl
In my life for all times

Chorus:
Mama, mama you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama youre the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin you is like food to my soul

As we dance tears streamed down my face my baby looked at me and said mama don't cry ... I said baby these are Happy Tears..

He told me how much he loved me and that no one could replace me and he would always love me and then he started to sing to me as we dance.....

When we finished dancing I took hishand and walked him over and put his hand in Ashley and said "Here Ashley he is yours now.......

And I walked away with peace in my heart


 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story.  It brought tears to my eyes, too !!  I ALWAYS cry at weddings !!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made me cry! Happy tears are the best ones Donna. I can't imagine what it will be like when my children get married.....
Take Care,
Louise

Anonymous said...

Great entry!

Anonymous said...

sniffing along with everyone else!!!! beautiful
Becky

Anonymous said...

Awesome, congrats to your son! No pics of him and his bride to share? :)

~Danielle

Anonymous said...

you look good..and what a wonderful song he chose.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how very handsome!!  And "Go girl!"  Mama looked fine!  That really was a wonderful, touching, sweet thing.....your own special dance and such a wonderful song!!  And YOU were valiant and wonderful, handing him off to Ashley that way!!  You know you had to do something so very incredibly right. ;o)  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

You were very beautiful!!! AND your son is so handsome...where is the pretty bride??? That was very brave of you...I would have bawled my eyes out! lol
Wonderful choice of song!!!
Congratualtions to the happy couple!
hugs,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!~kbear

Anonymous said...

Donna, you are so beautiful, what a great mom you are to your son, I miss talking to you online, hope you are well, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna this really brought a lump to my throat ~ you do look such a lovely Mum and Son and I loved the song you danced to ~ you know what they say "You are not losing a Son but gaining a Daughter" ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous and your son is quite handsome!  I want to see more pictures...of the bride....and her crazy mother!!! (lol)

Jeanne
http://journals.aol.com/candlejmr/AJourneytoaNewMe/

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Made me cry too! You look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.   OMG when this happens to me (sons getting married), I canonly hope I handle it with as much panache and style as you did.  again, congratulations!  ~Sie

Anonymous said...

Awww man, I am crying right now just seeing that last photo of you and your son looking into each other's eyes.  I am so happy that everything went well on this big day.  I can't stop weeping!!!  Geez!  Guess it's because I am blessed with a son and one of these days I will be doing the same thing, but I know I will not look as beautiful as you did with tears streaming down my face.  I will be a mess!!!  You did good Mommy, you did good.  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful, what great pictures. Your the mom, lol you can cry. I know someday when my kids get married I will cry too. You look great.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Donna....
Just reading this made me cry....awwww...lol
Ya'll both looked stunning!!!!
I love Boyz2Men....i haven't heard that song
before i'm gonna have to look it up...the lyrics
are beautiful....what a perfect song!
So glad everything went great
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Oh, this made me cry...

He is so lucky to have you for his momma.