Monday, November 13, 2006

A parent's story

It was around 1986. I had decided I would move to Fort Worth for a sales job with the phone company. ..I moved all by myself found a apartment...It was a terrible job I hated it. I was away from friends and family. I was always independent and stubborn which was not always a good thing

The job was so bad and stressful that...

I used to dream I was selling call waiting and no one would order it..I would wake up in a sweat because my job depended on sales...I would be gasping for air and realize it was a dream...well sort of...The job was very hard...needless to say I said stress out all the time.

My oldest son Landon <picture above>was about 5 years old.. He loved to play at the play ground at our apartment...

One day he walked in crying... I said what is wrong baby...He said a rock fell in my ear..I laughed and said honey a rock would be too big to be in your ear..

He said momma really it did...So I looked in his ear and of course nothing was in there and I gave him a hug and shooed him away..

Every now and then he would complain I would look nothing.. I thought that maybe I wasn't giving him enough attention or something since I had been stressed out...

About a month later guess what fell out of his ear

Your right a tiny rock like they have on the playgrounds..

He said see momma you didn't believe me... I said I'm sorry baby how in the heck did the rock fall just right to hit your ear...

he said he was laying on the ground and a girl walk over him at the playground and a rock landed just right...

I felt badly because I never could see anything...

Nothing was damaged...I felt like a heel though

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you did!  Poor little guy!  Glad it fell out on it's own...if it hadn't it could still be there!  LOL!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Well yes I can imagine how you would have thought that rock didn't fall in his ear as we know how kids are. I'm glad it turned our okay. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone is missing her baby being a baby with this remembering.  :o/   But a cute story, none the less!  I know I often hear myself telling my kids they are just scared, or they imagined it when they bring me an odd complaint or something I can't see.  Then I find myself doubting my words, wondering if I am doing right by them, best for them.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Donna, what a cute story !!!!!!!! I love the picture of you and Landon too, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

lol, lol...once when I tok a nap on my sofa while Dan wa asleep on the mat...he woke up before I did and poured a baby handful of BB's in my ear! This story reminded me so much of those days!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have believed the rock story either!  Who would think an actual rock could fit in your ear!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Who would believe it? I would have reacted the same way.

Anonymous said...

I've always heard that listening to loud rock music can damage your ears but that is ridiculous, LOL.

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com