Sunday, December 3, 2006

thank you

 I  took over taking care of a patient for another sitter debby and we both got this e-mail form her...

So nice I have never had a patient say thank you.. most just take us for granted...

 

Dear Debby and Donna,
   I've looked for something to send to you to thank you for the excellent care you gave me.  This seems to say what I wanted you to know.
 
   "I never knew how generous that folks could really be,
Until the day I found myself in need of sympathy,
   Until I reached for strength when I had lost my own,
Until I was lost in pain and utterly alone;
   Then suddenly, I knew how dear and kindly Caregivers are
Because they brought the hope and faith that I was searching for!"
                                                    (By Robert C. Glew)
 
   Thank you both for the kindness and gentleness that you showed me.  You'll never know how important your job is to a helpless patient!!  You both deserve GOLD STARS!!
   Happy holiday season!!  I'm feeling good and almost back-to-normal.
                            Fondly,
I left patients name off for privacy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

After meeting you I think you would be the kind of person I would want to sit with me if I was in that need. I'm sure she really appreciated the both of you. Paula

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of her to think of you both and to care enough to e~mail you ~ Ally
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

Anonymous said...

In so many areas of life we (people in general) take forgranted those who serve us.  Or we complain about bad service and never mention the good.  I'm so glad to see this person take the time to let you know what your good and faithful care meant to them!!  My best advice:  pay it forward.  ;o)  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!  It's not often that a person takes the time to recognize the care they received and thank people for it.  What a great thing!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna, Awwwwwwwww that is awesome, I always knew you are an awesome person, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

How sweet!  Jae

Anonymous said...

awwww...see, your job makes such an imprtant difference!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, and its times like that which makes it all worth it.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Gab