Saturday, November 1, 2008

How close is homeless

They say being homeless is just a paycheck away...I guess that is true.. I went on this system called mint.com where you connect all your accounts and it gives you a read out of were your spending your money etc..
I have let my hubby take care of the bills for years... I did this because when we got married I had been a single mom for so long it was nice to hand it over...
I'm not saying its all my hubby fault I of course take much of the blame...
We just couldn't figure out why we kept coming up short...
After doing the program we are about 2000.00 short on income just to break even well probably not even. but close..
I'm so tired at my age...I have even thought of giving my car back cutting off the tv internet no more eating out...hell sell the house.... This sucks and it's our fault ...
Money is just basic math and why do we stick our heads in the sand and not face it...
Hubby is asleep and tomorrow I will sit him down and say you want the good news or the bad news first( there isn't any good news per say but it sound good huh lol)
We have got to cut back...I probably need to work more but even then we need to cut back..
you know we are really frugle people compared to most... its just everything has gone up and we need to manage better...
You don't think your spending a lot until it's there in front of you and its 5 dollars here 10 dollars there...
Does anybody know of a good bridge we could live under... not really but heck at least there is no house payment....ok just kidding sort of...

5 comments:

SolitaryDancer said...

Mint is an excellent service. I love it.

We do try to ignore our money but things will get better as soon as we all start telling out money what to do and not the other way around

Hugs

deb

Unknown said...

I think we all are having to cut back.
Hard work.
I look after our money and I hate saying sorry you can't have any.

Mike said...

I remember when I was married and we went to a finacial advisor and he was like your blowing 10K a year. You're right it adds up really fast. If you cut back on all the extras it also adds up you can get things back in the black.

Ally Lifewithally said...

I just heard on the TV that Fruit and Veg will be rising in price by double what it is now ~ which makes it so hard for young families ~ we have cut back on a lot of unnecessary things ~ lets hope things improve soon ~ Ally xcill

Louise *Star Dust* said...

It seems that everywhere you turn everyone is having to cut back. I use to wonder where did the money go. I started carrying around an index card and jotting all the 5's and 10's here and there. I was surprised to see where most of it was going. Sometimes things I really did not need. Wish you luck with your talk.