Monday, May 8, 2006

Conversation with the boys

The kids were out of school today....We went to Denton to see my oldest Landon<24> and take Zachary<8> to get fitted for his tux...

We went to eat at this hole in the wall place called Katz hamburgers...Landon just rave about there burgers....

As we were walking up this was the conversation

Landon: Ashley and I ate here and they are so good...

Me: Well I'm anxious to try them I love a good greasy burger...

Cameron: The name of this place is KATZ HUh

Me: yes < I kept walking to the door.>

Just then Cameron<10> looked at me with this puzzled look and said...Do they used cats in there meat????

Landon and I started laughing....

Me: No silly that is the name of the person that owns it...

Cameron<looking relive> Oh good...

Later that day back at Landons apartment...as I was cleaning his kitchen...

Landon was studying for a history final...he said

Landon: Mom I have a question for you..

Me: What about < As I cleaned around him>

Landon: History..

Me: ok....I try to answer

Landon: who was the vice president when Richard Nixon was president ...

Me: Well I can't recall his name but if you give me the choices I can pick him out...

Me: I chose Spiro Agnew..<sp?>

Landon: Thanks I figure you would know since you were alive back them..

Me: Oh thanks....<gave him a kiss my butt look> I was a still a youngster

back then smart butt..

Landon: Laughs out loud at me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol kids.  Happy you enjoyed the burger.

Anonymous said...

The things are children say ~ you have just got to love them lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

They know how to make us feel older, don't they? I had a benchmark moment last week when a first grader came up to hug me before he got into his car to go home. "You look like my grandma!" he said with a loving smile. Though I don't like knowing I look like a grandma, I did feel loved! Bea

Anonymous said...

Well, on the bright side, at least he didn't ask about George Washington and if you voted for him!!  My kids still think I went to school in a horse drawn carriage!  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Poor baby was afraid he'd be eating cats!  lol    As for Landon, he could have said he'd figure you knew cause you were so smart.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Sometime those "hole in the wall" places have the best tasting food. We have our favorite one for mexican food. Paula