Friday, May 19, 2006

sadness

I usually make my entries short and to the point...but today I am sad and feel like talking....I have felt a cloud of sadness around me for a week....I can't really say that is it any one thing or a bunch of things....

In 2 weeks my son will be married...and I am sad....

Not because of his wife to be Ashley... I love her to pieces...

Not because I don't think he shouldn't get married because I believe they are right for each other...

but because he will no longer me my son ....but also a husband

....he is stepping through a door of life that we all step through...

for every door he steps through it pushes me through a door..

 one more step towards the end...

Of course we all have a end to our life and we know this......its just there are things that happen in life that are big reminders...of our grand finale

Its funny how feelings can be conflicting....bittersweet.....

I am happy for Landon and thrilled that he will have someone to share his life with.....and of course I will take on a different roll in his life...

Everything I experience with Landon is for the first time...but with the younger boys I have already been through it so I'm looking from the other side that makes it a little easier with them...

I love you Landon my precious son...and pray for you to have a blessed marriage....for happiness...friendship...beautiful times and children

and yes I hope you have a kid just like you so I can laugh my butt off when you call me frustrated.....LOL.....< ok I had to get in the mother curse>

So maybe this wont be so bad after all now that I think of it...<smile>

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how it feels.  But the curse really works!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Now you can look forward to being a grandma!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww
Becky

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple!
Donna...alot of mothers prolly feel
the exact same way...my mom cried the
day i got married, not sure if it was because she
was happy for me, or happy to get rid of me...haha
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

awww that is so sweet, I know it must be hard but your gaining a wonderful daughter in law. I know kids are suppose to grow up?  

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a big change for your son and for your family.  I hope it brings all happiness and joy and blessing.  Hugs,
Lisa