Monday, May 1, 2006

Fraud charges

My husband was looking at our account the other day and ask me about some charges on the online statement......I couldn't remember spending the money..

So I called the 800 number today and it was a psychic hot line...

someone had used my debit card and called a hot line...

This totally freaked me out because nobody has access to my stuff not even my hubby..he has his own stuff...

The Psychic company customer service said that because my name wasn't link to the account when thy pulled it up it was probably fraudulent..<YA THINK>

I wanted to say so why didn't the psychic pick up on that one...

I have no idea how someone could use my account number...

I told hubby no more using the debit card as a credit card  anywhere even to get gas or when we eat out.. Cash only

How do I know the waiter or waitress is honest and doesn't write down the number...

They could of wiped us out totally...

The government needs to bust these people and put them behind bars...

GRRRRRR!!!!

What is the best spyware to get we have norton...but now I'm paranoid

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will find Norton is about the best you can get ~ I hope is is anyway that is what I have ~ I never use or give my bank details out Cash is the only way I shop ~ how awful you need to be as careful that there are people who would want to defraud us ~ hope you get it sorted ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

how scarey!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say so why didn't the psychic pick up on that one...

My thoughts exactly!

~V~

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about that, you have to be so careful these days. I hope it was all caught on time.



Anonymous said...

How awful we live in scary times you can trust anyone
Hope it all gets straightened out
hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

We got whacked like that last year through Amazon. I used my card to purchase toner cartridges from a discount place in Florida and it was used for the tune of $600.00 a couple months later on Amazon. The "Feds" traced it back to the Computer Discount place. You can't be to careful. I've also stopped using the debit card. Regards, Bill.

Anonymous said...

What an awful and scarey thing to have happen!    Going to a psychic hotline, someone has larger problems than just being  a thief.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Sorry that happened to a good person. You can't trust anyone anymore and that is a shame. Paula