Monday, May 22, 2006

conversation with cameron

The scene: sitting in steak and shake eating fries with the kids..

Me: Guess whose birthday is this week

Cameron: whose?

Me: yours silly boy you will be 11 and my big junior high schooler

Cameron: you mean middle school

Me: yeah sorry we called it junior high in my day

Cameron: back in the olden days

Me:<laughing> yeah back in the olden days...

Cameron: wasn't that when they had the dance the moon walk....

Me: well that was when I was in my 20's so it wasn't that long ago...

Me: you are growing up so fast...you think you will still love me this much when your big and married...

Cameron: yep I sure will..your my momma

ME:<sigh> If only it was that easy lol

Me: what if I get old and sick and need someone to take care of me..

Cameron: I will take care of you

Me: what if your wife says I don't want you to take care of your momma ......

Cameron: I will say screw you my momma needs me..she took care of me when I was a baby

Me: CAMERON those are strong words I think I would be a little kinder to your wife..

Cameron: Yeah but she shouldn't be mean to my momma..

I loved you first...momma

Me: Awww Cameron that is so sweet...

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww what a sweetheart that almost made me cry
Hugs, Marina http://journals.aol.com/stansgirl2004/LosingIt/

Anonymous said...

Hello there....
What a cute conversation with your Cameron :). The words "I loved you first...momma" are just the sweetest!
Happy Birthday to Cameron, what a great kid.

Hugs,
Gayla

Anonymous said...

I think more than likely Camerons future wife will love his mommy too.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

awww now that is so sweet. My son who is 15 and I are very close.

Anonymous said...

That was sweet... he will feel the same way when he gets older. My 27 year old is still concerned about me, asks me how I'm doing, and if I'm sick, wants to know what I'm taking. He is very kind. Not married yet, but I am hopeful. He has a serious girlfriend... I am very hopeful! Our sons are so very special because we know they will claim another love one day, and be cleaved unto her, and we will then become a mother to a daughter... but I actually look forward to being part of that relationship. I want to love his wife like I loved him. But first, he's got to tell me that she is the one. I have the one son. Your Cameron is a sweet baby! Bea

Anonymous said...

What a precious thing :-)