Sunday, November 18, 2007

This is the last time

 

 

This is the last Thanksgiving for me....!!!!

Being that I come from divorced parents and My oldest son has divorced parents and his wife has divorced parents...Is your head spinning yet..

Ridiculous.....

I told my Dad and Sue we would come down to visit since the boys are off all week. Sue loves to have us down..

I called my mom last week and explained that we were coming down and since she was working 1/2 days we would try to spend a night or two with her.

Lately I have felt badly that we don't stay with her. We used to but the attitude she gets...

So I call her today just to verify with her that we would be down...They all live in the same town that is why we can do this.. My mom my hubby's parents and siblings and my dad and step mom...all in the same town sounds like fun huh lol

Anyway back to mom I called while I was on my walk to say hey and that we were coming down and...

Me: Mom wanted to let you know Aaron(my sisters youngest) was coming with me.also.

MOM: When are you coming down.??.(I have already discussed this with her but she never remembers)

Me: Monday morning

MOM: MONDAY MORNING!!!

now by the tone in her voice I can see she thinks were going to be with her all week and she isn't happy about it...yes mom always makes me feel so wanted...

Me: Mom were not staying with you the whole week

Mom: oh (the sound of relief in her voice)

It hurt my feelings. but I didn't say anything...

So basically I'm done...I will have Thanksgiving at my house for my family from now on and if anybody wants to come fine..

I'm 46 freaking years old and I'm damn tired....

I have bent and twisted for divorce parents, x-husbands and in laws..

No more...

you see they are never happy.(except for a few).. No matter how inconvenience we are somebody gets mad disappointed etc

So there you have it.

Frankly I'm tired and being everything to everybody.. I can't do it anymore I wont do it anymore...

I hate the holidays...not what they stand for but the stress it brings...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear Donna. John gets so depressed about it all and I just want to go to the beach and walk in the sand. lol He is the one who divorced his wife and now he wants everything to be one little happy family. It is so much b. s. I am so glad each year when the holidays are over. Paula

Anonymous said...

yes see I am right there with ya!  I vote we all go to flipping lubys next year!  No wait...I love to cook...lol...We should have a friends Thanksgiving....Where we provide a safe drama free zone for all friends who have crazy assss families like ours! :)

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I well remember the years we ran ourselves ragged trying to go to everyone's get together for the holidays.  Pete's folks were divorced.  Then there was his Aunt Jannie and Punk who raised him his last years of growing up.  And if we saw my family at all it was at my sisters.  No one would pick an alernate day.  Everyone wanted you there for THE day.  I wouldn't trade those hectic days and memories for anything.  But I wouldn't go back to that now for anything either.  

I know you mom's attitude might hurt.  But I doubt if it is a lack of love on her part.  Probably just doesn't deal well with having extra people in the house.  Some folks are just that way, especially as they get older.  

Hoping you find your blessings and a few special suprises in your Thanksgiving.  

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Don't let them get you down.  Make up your mind to establish your own traditions right at home with your kids, and you'll be much happier.  Take care of your immediate family!

Anonymous said...

What Mosie said...make your own traditions.  My new Thanksgiving tradition is to pretend the holiday doesn't exist!

Russ

PS -- thank you for the nice email.  you are a good friend

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean!! as a child of divorce holidays are never the fun times they should be!  Barb

Anonymous said...

I can't blame ya one bit!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

My holidays are here. If the others want to come they are welcome to. As a matter of fact any body can come. His family will not ever come. They say they are and then don't show witout even a phone call top say kiss my***

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
I couldn't agree with you more! It's so very sad that everybody can't just be more civil during the holidays to accomidate everyone. But oh no, they have to be arses about it all.....LOL.
I had to go through some of that with hubby's ex and the boys. Can't tell how glad I am that we live 500 miles away now and there all grown up. They can decide!
I'm also sorry about your Mom, just terrible. Before I lost my Mom to lung cancer in 2005, we were so very close.......close to my stepdad too. I actually consider him "my Dad". You just enjoy this season with 'your" family and that sweet hubby:).

Huggers,
Gayla
http://journals.aol.com/schoolgal040/Unfussy/

PS: Anytime you need to yack, I'm right here. Just give me an IM oK???

Anonymous said...

i so know what you mean. . .