Sunday, December 14, 2008

So frustrated

This has been a crappy year for us I don't talk much about it..but it has....Thanksgiving my friend brought us a turkey Why because we couldn't afford one... Somehow the economic crap ..me not getting a lot of jobs.because people aren't going to the dentist they can't afford it so there aren't many jobs for me to temp at.and things just going up and up has push us to a bad place...
We keep scratching our heads and doing our financials and cutting more and more...and somehow...it never ads up...
what is frustrating to me is we are middle class...I have too much pride to go to the help places because hell I have a nice house and drive a nice car and I was raise you don't ask for help unless your poverty stricken...Does that make sense.??..I don't feel good asking for help when there are others who are homeless or don't have a car...Damn its embarrassing...to say the least..
I looked at my husband and said OMG 50 dollars to last 2 weeks...Is this right... I feel bad because I did finally break down and get my hair done it had been months even my kids were remarking about my hair lol...it was a busy month..My daughter in law b-day her graduation and my son b-day and now xmas... I took my son and daughter in law out to eat for there birthdays and now I feel guilty...I didn't get my daughter in law anything for her graduation..Now Christmas...My husband and I never get each other anything...I told the kids you get one thing and it has to be under 50 dollars...although U don't really know where that is going to come from..
I do have a couple of jobs coming up but they won't pay until later...
I told me husband maybe we should let my car go back and I could just take jobs in town and walk to them .... I hate this feeling..

I am not writing this for pity... I guess I am in shock that this isn't getting any better... I think we were always just above the line and now we are below with everything that is happening in the world....
I feel so defeated... Part of me wants to walk away from the house and the car...those are our 2 money suckers...
I will shut up.. I just needed to feel sad about it.....I know God will help us make it through and I know there are people that are way worse than us...

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Donna... aren't things awful at the moment. Over here too m'dear. Christmas shouldn't be about who buys what, it's the thought that counts. I have made presents in the past because I couldn't afford to buy any, and had Christmas dinner paid for by my Mum.

Have a ((( huggle )))

I hope that you have a lovely Christmas, despite all of this.

xxx

LYN said...

NEVER A TRUER WORD WRITTEN..IT IS CALLED THE WORKING POOR...EVEN PEOPLE WITH JOBS CAN'T COPE...I SURE HOPE 2009 WILL BE A BETTER YEAR FOR YOU MY DEAR...

Unknown said...

oh that sucks...........
however do not be afraid to go and ask for help....
God works through many people

Lisa said...

Awwww hon, I do hope things get better for you, Hugs Lisa

Mike said...

I know here most people that use services like the food bank are working, but just not able to make ends meet or something just comes up. Believe me you are not alone out there.

Jeannette said...

It is just the same here, the middle class are suffering here as never before, homes are being re-possessed at an alarming rate, prices are ever increasing, thousands are being laid off from jobs, the banks are in a mess. The whole thing seems to be going to hell on a handcart. I do hope that things improve for you.

Terri said...

It is hard making ends meet now a days...sooo many people are being laid off in our area...it's really sad. I hope 2009 will be much better....

Hugs
Terri

Bill said...

Donna,
I was brought up like you. My Dad would have cut off his arm before he asked for any help from anyone.
When Pop died my Mom was left with nothing. They weren't from a "saving" family and his pension died with him. It took me a long time to get Mom to accept food stamps and help with her heating and A/C.
We all run in to problems and need help at some point.
Take what you need and leave the rest for someone else but, take the help.
I will be thinking about you all.

My Regards, Bill.

PS: My Dentist was telling me about all the business he has lost recently. I guess if you don't have money you can't egt your teeth fixed.