Sunday, April 16, 2006

easter day

Hope everyone had a good easter. We went to a restaurant called cruisers and ate...We went there because Katherine <cecys daughter>was working...

<for those that are new cecy is my friend that died of breast cancer at 32>

I knew Katherine would be alone for easter so sitting in her section would be like sharing easter with her...

My husband slipped her some money. Bless her heart she is trying so hard but waiting tables doesn't always pay well...

I feel so bad since her step dad well he has a new wife...She doesn't get alone with her step dad so she has nobody really..

she was sleeping on a air mattress no furniture.she did buy a bed from someone...she had a car but her step dad sold it while she was away at school so she either walks to work or finds rides...

I thought about raising some money for her she said she had some money from social security after her mom died but her step dad kept it...said it was for him raising her...she said I'm not there for you to raise me...

I told her if the roommate keeps bailing on her with the rent and stuff she can come live with us for a while to get back on her feet...

My heart is so sad and I know CECy would be very disappointed in her husband if she knew he was bein distant and unresponsive to Katherine like this...He is a stubborn person..I did hear him say one time Katherine wan't the sharpest tool in the shed...how could a parent say that...I lost respect for him when I heard him say that.....

What do you guys think???? what ways could I raise money for her.. I thought garage sale, letting her live with us, maybe a social services thing...I don't know..

I wish we were rich I would just buy her what she needs but we aren't

Katherine was so happy that we were at her section she smile from ear to ear...She is so young 20..and to have been without her mom now for about 3 years...

I told her that her mom loved her very much....and never forget it...

she said it seems to get harder every year...I just miss her so much and feel so alone...

sigh..............my heart hurts for her

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna that is so sad ~ Katherine must be missing her Mum so much ~ and the stepdad dosn't seem to be helping her at all ~ How lovely of you to go join her for Easter ~ and how kind of you to offer to put her up for a while ~ I think her stepdad is a selfish self centered person ~ and not worthy to be called a Dad ~ I hope you can figure out a way to help her ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but around here most "benefits" are hosted by the local VFW.  Or sometimes someone will host a trail ride.  At the VFW, they cook meals and sell all day on a Saturday and folks make or donate things to be auctioned to raise money.  Sometimes it goes very well...others not well at all.  The trail riders pay an entry fee.  And then end at an area for lunches, games, maybe even a dance with proceeds going to the person.  Seems the overall success of such things depends largely on getting the word out, reminding folks often.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

That's so sad and you are so thoughtful, I'm sure you'll find a way to help her xx

Anonymous said...

A car wash?   going to Goodwill for furniture?   checkin into Social Security about fraud or something regarding her step dad keepin her checks    last but not least, say your prayers~kbear

Anonymous said...

Maybe she could live with you and finish school? Pay a small room and board so she feels independent? And save her rent money and give it to her when she is ready to be on her own again?

Anonymous said...

Thank heaven for friends like  you. How sweet of your husband giving her some money. She has had it rough. All the things you mentioned are good. Garage sales and she needs to help if she can. Living with you if she has too. You are a wonder person.

Anonymous said...

This is JUST my opinion.....(keep in mind, I don't know how old this girl is or how close you are to her...)

I would want her to come and live with me.  Sure, she needs money and a roof over her head and that would definitely help her financially, but it sounds like she needs more than that.  With a stepdad that doesn't seem supportive at all, I think she needs emotional support more than anything.  It sounds like you could fill a role of "surrogate" mom to her at a time when she probably needs that more than anything money could buy.

Just my opinion...
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

It seems like an attorney is what she needs!  This man is being so rotten!

Anonymous said...

I have empathy for Cecys daughter, who lost her dear mother, and needs some encouraging words.  You, and your own dear family, have compassionate feelings for her and that is important for her to receive.  My mother died when I was 11 years old, 61 years ago...April 13th. 1945.  She died of a burst tubal pregnancy at age 30.  I've had more than 60 years to appreciate that what I learned, from my own mother, has beem the foundation for my own successful life as a mother, sister, wife, teacher and grandmother.  Please send this message along to her.  I have a blogs/journal at:gmomowow@aol.com thetruthaboutmom.   My comments and photos are for every 'child of a mother' who understands that all living beings are birthed from their own mother source. This little verse is for you all:  'Mother caused our life to Be.  Father, too, was birthed by she.  Every life on earth born Free!  Poems are made by moms like me.  A mother tree makes another tree.'    Let me hear from you.....Gramma Pat

Anonymous said...

I have empathy for Cecys daughter, who lost her dear mother, and needs some encouraging words.  You, and your own dear family, have compassionate feelings for her and that is important for her to receive.  My mother died when I was 11 years old, 61 years ago...April 13th. 1945.  She died of a burst tubal pregnancy at age 30.  I've had more than 60 years to appreciate that what I learned, from my own mother, has been the foundation for my own successful life as a mother, sister, wife, teacher and grandmother.  Please send this message along to her.  I have a blogs/journal at:gmomowow@aol.com thetruthaboutmom.   My comments and photos are for every 'child of a mother' who understands that all living beings are birthed from their own mother source. This little verse is for you all:  'Mother caused our life to Be.  Father, too, was birthed by she.  Every life on earth born Free!  Poems are made by moms like me and A mother tree makes another tree.'    Let me hear from you.....Gramma Pat