Friday, April 21, 2006

I've been picked

So the Aol God smoking Joe advised me I was to be guest editor...

I'm flattered and humbled thanks Joe...

I began writing for therapy and it has evolved into so much more.

We live in Texas. I worked for  16 years for the telephone company. I retired<think surplus> to be a stay at home mom.Once all the kids were in school I went to work part time for a Plastic surgeon's with the overnight patients. I am currently working on getting my Dental Hygiene license..

I am happily married to my best friend and husband Randy. He is my Rock...We have 3 Boys Landon 24, Cameron 10 and Zachary 8. My journal is about my life and thoughts...I invite you to go to the archives and check out other months  I have been writing for over a year...

There were so many journals that I liked however I had to pick some that had never been picked before.. So here it goes

There maybe some strong language.. This blog is so funny and the stories he tells about working in a restaurant can make you spit your morning coffee out your nose...

"THOUGHTS From the HEADoc: A perspective from within the intriguing world of PSYCHIATRY"
I love anything to do with psychiatry...This Dr has seen a lot and gives you great perspective and tidbits to think about...
 
Life as a Paramedic
Many of you know this guy...A great writer and you feel like you are there in the ambulance with him...funny guy. These guys work hard my hats so out to them
 
Going Sane in a Crazy world
A super sweet guy who is starting his chiropractor business while trying to deal with issues in his life...Mike has such a big heart
 
Home schooling Journal
Kas what can I say about her...curiosity was what got me to reading about her and now I love her to pieces...She has educated me in some much  and has open my eyes to different ways to educate my kids...Plus she has a psychology Degree
 
Kevin MD
This Dr gives information to different links and this of all kinds of medical. stuff..and he has guest DR's blog also...
 
My First year as a nurse --
Jenn is a great nurse who cares about her patients and puts up with some crazy Dr's and coworkers...
I do have many honorable mentions that I will go into at a later date...
 
Hope you enjoy my picks and Welcome.......
 

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darlin
Congradulations on being this weeks Guest Editor................
Long Overdue..........
I love your journal. But I need to comment more and stopping being
one of them "lurkers".............
I promise to get better...
Hope ya have an awesome weekend..........

Anonymous said...

Conrat and I will be checking out those journals
Thank you
hugs, marina

Anonymous said...

congrats guest editor!   i've checked one of these out   pretty good:-)~kbear

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
I don't comment much but I read all your alerts. I'll have to check out your picks, they seem interesting.
Rhianna
http://journals.aol.com/rusrhi/TheImpossibleDream

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guess editor.  It's a lot of fun.  Thanks for the mention.  I am surprised Joe let you use me since I was editor only a few months ago.  Enjoy the spotlight.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest editor.


Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for picking me. I had been feeling rather down lately and was thinking about closing my journal--you really made my day!!
love, Kas


Hestia Homeschool for Young Wild Women

Anonymous said...

Donna, congrats on being editors pick. You rock girl!
*Louise*

Anonymous said...

Wtg Donna!!!!0.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the Editor's Choice this week!  Woo hoo!  I agree, Kas has a wonderful, interesting journal and her perspective and views of the world are intriguing and fun!  I so enjoy her journal!

Life as a Paramedic is just too much some days!  He's another good choice.  The others I don't know, but will have to venture forth to meet and greet!


Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being selected. Thanks for selecting my blog.
Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Yay Donna!
Wonderful choices.

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna:

  Congratulations on Guest Ed. this week. I hope you have as much fun as I did last week.  Met all kinds of new people.  Your picks are some familiar, some new, so I am off like a prom dress...great reading awaits!

;)
Andi

Anonymous said...

Hey there...thanks for picking my blog as one of yoru favorites!  I will be checking out the others you have listed - they sound like good ones.  Thanks again!!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi and congrats on being picked the Guest Editor...I have already been following the Head Doc....and will check out your other choices...TerryAnn...  

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest editor and those are really great blog picks.  Thanks for sharing!!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Donna on being guest Editor's pick of the week!  I see a lot of my readers read you too...  How come I haven't known about you till now??

I'll be back!

Congrats!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Well, at least now we know Joe has good taste!  ;o)  Looks like some interesting picks, maybe even where we could learn a thing or two.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor's Pick!  I am off to check out your journal picks!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Donna, Congratulations on becoming the editors Pick.  I will enjoy reading your recommended journals.  David

Anonymous said...

Congrats Donna!  I remember when you first started your journal.:)  You were kind of leary, but look at you now.  You go girl.:)
Steph

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to meet you.  Congratulations on being this week's editor!  I have been to most of the others, but I'll pop over to see Jennifer.  Enjoy! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being picked!  I am looking forward to getting to know you.  Stop by and visit me sometime!  I am from Texas too!  I signed your map! Barbara                
http://journals.aol.com/mastersblynn/ConfessionsOfAnAngelWaitress/


Anonymous said...

Hi there! Congrats on being picked for guest editor. You have a great journal here. Have a great weekend! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch

Anonymous said...

Wow Donna-

Kudos to you for this dubious honor.  My highest regards to you.

Thanks for taking me along for the ride also, it is quite an honor to be in such great company.

M-

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you for being picked. I do enjoy your journal a lot.

Anonymous said...

Congradulation

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, DONNA!! I love your picks, too. I visited them, and they are super choices. I like reading the personal journals of professionals. Gives me a different view point of life and working. Bea

Anonymous said...

Hey and Congratulations MS. Guest Editor!!
You must come by and check out my journal sometime about Medical School!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and many thanks for some new (to me) and interesting journals to read.
Sylvia
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

What a great blog selection!  congratulations and thank you!

Leslie K.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  You deserve it!

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!.. I'll check out your journal & your picks asap!

<3jackie

Anonymous said...

congrats on being editors pick!!!
i'll check out your picks asap!
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journal.  

By for now,

John.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being picked Guest Editor!  I will have to check out these journals when I get the chance.  I am a medical transcriptionist who works from home.  I have read Mike's journal before, but don't think I have read any of the others.  I stay so busy with my two jobs doing medical transcription have not had a whole lot of time for J-land lately sadly.  Congrats again!

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/MyPicturePostcardJournal/
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/JourneyThroughtheValleyofShadows/
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/MyFurBabies/
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/MyPrivateInnermostThoughts/

The last one is a private journal, to be added, just send me a request.

Anonymous said...

Congrarts Donna in TX./ great journal...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest  editor.

Can you tell  me  about I think the blog? New File Manager: big pics, little hassle??

How can one make  those kind  of pictures  and then put them into a journal?

Thanks Tom  "the book of me"