Monday, September 25, 2006

sad news

my son came home friday and said..

Cameron: they came on the loud speaker at school and said a girl died that went to our school.. she was in the 7th grade

Me: oh honey that is sad did you know her?

Cameron: No I didnt she went to a different elementary school.

Me: I wonder how she died?.

Cameron: Well someone told me she killed herself.

Me: WHAT!!!! she is only in the 7th grade...

Me: that is so sad maybe that didnt really happen maybe it was something else...

Then I got this e-mail:from a moms group I belong to...it was forwarded to me

Carol,

 

I am sure most everyone has received the email from the church in regards to Emily McBride. However, it may not have been received if you do not have a child in junior or senior high ministries.   Emily committed suicide sometime on Thursday.  I do not have the specifics as of yet.  I was out of town today and found out from my son who is in 7th grade with her. Emily's mom is a dear friend and client of mine who attended M2M just last Friday (Encouragement Friday).  She sat at the pink table and was looking forward to being a part of M2M.  Her mom is Tammy Sterling and her step dad is Sam Sterling. They moved here a couple of years ago and have been actively involved in the church since that time.   Please be praying for Tammy and her family.  Emily has a younger sister still in elementary.  As a sixth grader, I too lost a sibling.  It was not under these tragic conditions, but I know the grief and loss all too well that her sister is feeling.  I cannot imagine what her parents are going through.

 

Please pass along to our M2M sisters so that we may all lift the family up in prayer.  When I know more details I will pass them along, or if you should find outmore please share.

 

In Christ's love,

 

Bridget

SHe was in the 7th grade what could this poor girl have been so sad about that she wanted to end her life....So sad......Just breaks my heart...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, OMG that is sad !!!!!!!!!! Poor Cameron :( I too wonder what could have made Emily so sad that she would end her life :( Hugs to Cameron and you too Lisa

Anonymous said...

how sad....when I did foster care, I saw many sad kids....
Becky

Anonymous said...

God bless her and her family...and all the kids at school~kbear

Anonymous said...

How terrible!!  Peer pressure is even worse though now and days, so I feel for her, I truly do.  Sending prayers to her family.  Just awful.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

how sad she had so much life to live. My hears is breaking. I'm praying for her family and friends.

Anonymous said...

What awful news...Jae

Anonymous said...

That is just terrible....  =(
Keeping them in my prayers....

Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Seems kids are under so much pressure now days. Bless her family and all the kids who knew her. Paula

Anonymous said...

Something horrible had to be going on for this to happen.  Hopefully it will come out so it doesn't happen to anyone else.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

That is such sad news ~ My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. She is so young. I just never can understand how they can miss the signs of this.

Anonymous said...

I can't answer for that little girl but I went through a time in JR high when I wanted to end my life also. Its such a weird age, your body is changing, friends, school, parents... I really couldn't handle it all. You haven't learned coping skills yet. Luckily I told one person how I felt and he told his dad. His dad told him if you care about her you need to tell someone. And he did. I'm 24 now and I wish I could find to thank him for saving my life.
I'm sorry for the family. They probably had no idea. Thats one of the main problems is adults don't understand what could be so bad for a 12 yr old. But for the 12 yr old it really is "that bad."
Rhianna
http://journals.aol.com/rusrhi/TheImpossibleDream

Anonymous said...

It is so shocking!  A shame and a loss.  So many times young ones can't see that everything, even the bad, has an end.  I remember as a teenager thinking things seemed to last an eternity.  I will pray for this family.  And for your own dear Cameron.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

That's awlful.  God rest her soul.

LORI

Who I am… underneath it all:  
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Precious Metal (A Spiritual Journal)
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

Anonymous said...

I know this pain all too well.  I lost my baby brother at the tender age of 23 when he decided life was too painful to go on.  Our lives have never been the same.  My heart goes out to this family, as I can truly empathize.  I am now 47, Scottie should have turned 30 on May 3rd.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him or miss him.  I have a journal about Scottie's life at this link:

http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/JourneyThroughTheValleyofShadows/

Other families who have been through this are welcome to post their stories and/or links in my journal as well, as I hope to bring about awareness to suicide and what to look for with the hope we can prevent some of it, as well as awareness to the plights of the mentally ill, as my brother was bipolar and suffered from substance abuse.

Unfortunately, due to an online stalker I have recently had to make all four of my journals private, but if anyone wants to be added to any of the four, just send me a request.

Hugs and prayers,

Susan

Anonymous said...

I do not understand American grades so I have no idea how old this young girl was but any age is a tragedy.  She must have been so troubled and sad.  God rest her soul and may Jesus comfort her family and ease them through this terrible time.

Anonymous said...

That really is sad and tragic.  I had a classmate in medical school who one day decided to take his own life by jumping from the 10th floor of the dorm after a rage.  It really takes you by surprise when it happens to someone you or your family knows and it hits close to home.  You all are in my prayers.

Here is a cool game that may help take your mind off things.  You just list six things that are unique or wierd about you.  You've been tagged.

Follow the link http://journals.aol.com/fjrav/PerspectiveonRotations/entries/2006/09/27/six-things...tagged-by-barbara/917 for more info.

Anonymous said...

Last year an ELEVEN year old committed suicide locally by hanging himself over bad grades...