Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ya just never know

Today  I went by a friend of mines house her name is D < abbreviated> I walked into her house and see her sitting in the closet....

Me: Hey what cha doing?

D:<with a look of frustration>  sitting down  here in the bathroom closet trying to calm down because the shower I'm repairing isnt cooperating and I want to cuss and scream but the kids are around.

Me: I laugh

We start talking about my 11 year old Cameron...about his adhd and his funny sense of humor and how he can make  all kinds voices....

Me: cameron has this keen way of mimicing any dialect he hears or a persons voice.. All he has to do is hear a few words and he can start talking like that person...the other day my husband and I  heard this voice like a person singing opera comging from the bathroom my husband said what is that bathroom opera ..we laughed and said that's our cameron.....

D: thats too funny, ..........I only knew one guy that could do that

Me: Really he was funny

 D: Yeah I went to school with him you know back in Terrel Texas where I was raise you remember

Me: Oh yeah I remember that where your parents still live and a lot of your family

D:  Yeah <she laughes >..he was funny and could imitate all kind of voices we used to laugh at him all the time..

Me: Really who was he...

D :<She thinks> His name has changed its now hummm..... oh  yeah.... Jamie Foxx

Me: THE jamie Foxx...< I say with a shocked face>

D : Yeah except I know him as Eric

Me: <with a shocked look> Did you know him... know him??

D : Yeah <she says like no big deal> he was a year under me but he hung out with me and my boyfriend and friends at the time they all played football together.

D : She laughes and says he wasnt really a very good football player....but he was a funny guy so I guess that worked out for him...

She says all this like its no big deal..

I have this shocked look on my face.. I have known this friend for serveral years and she has never mention this fact..

D: I think he still stays in touch with one of our mutual freinds which she mentions by name but I can't think of it right now...

Me: I guess you guys can keep him grounded because you knew him when he was a nobody...

D:Yeah..He acts different now than when I went to school with him. but your right I knew him when he was a big fat nobody like us   She laughes....

This just prove you never know who your friends know...

Ya just never know.....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep you just never know. I met the guy who wrote "There Will Always Be Honky Tonks In Texas", does that count? Maybe Cameron will make a lot of money someday with his comedy and take care of his sweet mama when her old age comes. Take care Donna, Paula

Anonymous said...

Wow..you never know who you know or who they know.....lol
Love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Donna, how funny about Cameron, Hope you have a good week, thanks for commenting in my journal, Love Ya and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Isn't Cameron clever to be able to mimic people ~ maybe one day it will make him famous then his school friends will be able to say "I knew Cameron we went to school together" lol ~ loved the conversation with your friend ~ did she manage to fix the shower !!!!! ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I think that's a special talent your son has!  Hopefully he will never lose it and keep doing others voices and accents!  Pretty cool that your friend went to school with Jamie Foxx.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow...how about that! :o) Cool!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

what a cool story. Thanks for sharing. Hope the shower cooperates soon.

Anonymous said...

And you just never know but Cameron may be the hottest new comedian/impressionist in about 15 years.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

No kidding!  I wonder what this means for Cameron???  I mean, you just never know, right?  Jae

Anonymous said...

Wow!  It's a small world!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I think it is a credit to your friend that she isn't a name dropper:)  I ran into a girl a few weeks ago and all she could do was talk about his person or that person that she knew or met or was in some meeting with.  Your friend seems to be a well balanced person....well, except for wanting to cuss at the shower:)

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I used to hang out with George Clooney while we watched soap operas...in college...