Thursday, June 7, 2007

toothpaste recall

Washington, DC - The FDA announced on Friday that consumers should avoid using toothpastes made in China.  These products may contain DEG or diethylene glycol, a poisonous chemical used in antifreeze.  It is used primarily as a lower-cost sweetener and thickening agent.  Even the smallest percentage found in toothpaste is dangerous! 
 
Patients most at risk are children and those patients with liver or kidney disease.  Most brands are found in discount stores.
 
Brands to be concerned about are: Cooldent Fluoride,Cooldent Spearmint, and Cooldent ICE.
                   
      
Please inform your patients about this recall!
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this but thanks for reminding me again. I need to go check my toothpaste. Hope you are doing well, Paula

Anonymous said...

That is some scarry stuff....

Anonymous said...

Donna, this is scary, thanks for the heads-up , Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I saw this news clip but didn't know what toothpastes were affected   thanks for the info!!!  hugz~kbear

Anonymous said...

I was way stressed out about the pet food recall, but I'm not all that worried about stuff that could affect me.  Weird.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Thats scary Donna ~ Havn't seen anything about this in the UK ~ but shall check it out ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Woah!  Thanks for telling me!