Tuesday, March 7, 2006

another day in paradise

I worked at the hospital last night ...I usually go in at 4-5pm and get off at 6:30 am or later the next day  depending on the Dr...

our patient last night was a hoot.. I loved her...she was funny, kind and so appreciative of us...that is always nice.

she had a tummy tuck and boob lift..to put it in lay mans terms...

After we gave her the pain meds she was a little loopy and kept saying how are my tits do they look good!! We laughed and said yes your boobs look like your 20...she laughed and then feel asleep...

she would wake up and talk and then fall asleep in mid sentence...

This morning she said I love those cocktails you gave me <that's what she called them>

She said she dream that she was talking to us about her boobs...We laughed and she said what's funny.??.

We said you talked to us all night...She said REALLY I don't remember..

I hope I didn't say anything weird..

.I laughed and said honey don't give it another thought you were fine....we enjoyed your sense of humor. We have heard it all and we know the meds can make people funny...you were fine and talked perfectly normal..

She was the sweetest lady...I see her again on Friday when she has her face lift

we will see how that goes....

she loved all the attention we gave her since she is our only patient...so we spoil them and its nice to be appreicated.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a goofy patient for sure. It's nice to have people like that to brighten your day.

Anonymous said...

Donna you look beautiful in that pic!
Fat..? Puuuulease woman...lol
I wish i were your size.
Aww...your patient sounded so sweet and fun,
it's moments like those when a job doesn't seem
so bad...isn't it....Have a good week...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Donna your picture is lovely ~ Glad that patient was so nice ~ must make your Job seem so worth while ~ and I am sure you laughed with her and not at her she did sound funny ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I htink you put hte wrong picture up there...no fat that I can see!!!  grogeous!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Do you all do penile reductions?

http://journals.aol.com/chrisuab/noseriously

Anonymous said...

My sister is a nurse with a similar schedule in Jacksonville.  

Your story reminded me of when I fractured my skull in 1990.  I woke up in post op to find my sister and best friend standing there (at this point I was still thinking I had just had stitches, not realizing I had emergency brain surgery, seizures, and almost lost my ability to speak).  I told them that I had a dream that I was wearing funny white panty hose....then I looked down, saw the TED hose and exclaimed, "I AM wearing white panty hose"

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Getting an appreciative patient every now and again really makes it all worth while doesn't it?
I rode in an ambulance once, just after I was given some pretty strong painkillers.  Fortunately for the guys in the ambulance it was just a short trip, from one building of the hospital to the other, because I was singing 'weeeeeeeeeeeee!' the whole way like a kid on a roller coaster.  I don't know if they were laughing with me or at me, but it was fun either way.