Tuesday, March 21, 2006

life is funny that way

Having a hard time studying today so I have been cleaning the house and doing errands...I can't study if my house is messy.

Friday I got my offical National Board Dental hygiene Examination Admittance Ticket...Is that a mouthful or what. lol

I just looked at it and thought I can't believe I'm really going to take the test after 23 years....

I never thought I would get to live my dream not really... I told myself lies throughout the years to make myself feel better.....that I was young and it wasnt meant to be...etc....

I look back on my life and realize that I'm glad that it happened this way.

I'm in a much better place in life and a much more mature and wiser person.

I have so much experince in so many things in life that I usually can find something in common wiht most of the patients I have talked to in the Dental office I have been volunteering in.

It's nice to know God has a plan and I have him on my side...even when I don't deserve his love....

I know when I walk into the 8 hours test he will be there beside me....

Thank you God for all your love and support... your wayward child at times lol....Donna

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you walk in to that test we will all be there with you willing you success ~ which you so richly deserve ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Congrats!!
I'm always thinking that my ship has sailed and that I can't do the things I wanted to becouse i waited too long Your entry has meade me rethink that Thank You
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

Donna, I am so very happy for you. You do sound ready for this at this time in your life. I know what you mean, about starting later in life, and knowing that God has a plan. I think I mentioned this before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but the same thing happened to me. I was "called" into teaching by that Higher Power in my life, the One that knows something I don't. I listened, and at 44 started back to school to get my degree, license, and certificate for teaching. The day of my six hour exam, I was walking to the classroom on the campus of Elon College when I saw a white feather at my feet. I took it as a sign that I was on the right path. I was 46 when I started teaching. That was nearly seven years ago. No regrets. You won't have any either. You may be totally tired at the end of the day, but you'd be tired at the end of the day if you weren't doing what you wanted to do!  May your dreams continue to guide you, and may the Lord make straight paths for you! Love, Bea

Anonymous said...

Donna
That is fantastic. There is nothing sweeter than when a dream is realized and a goal acomplished. You have made a success of yourself.
I am proud of you.
Job Well Done....

Anonymous said...

Donna, you are a great lady and an awesome friend and I wish you all the success and happiness that you could ever want.I know you will ace that test and you the dental office will be soooooooo lucky to have you working for them, I miss you soooooooooooo much, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi; been following your journal for a bit, but I think this is the first time I've commented in it. I think its awesome to come to the point in life where we realize God does have a plan for our lives and to know as we walk through it, he is always there with us! Good luck on your test; I'm sure you will do great :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I think that is so awesome that you are doing what you always wanted. Come clean my house would you? LOL  Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hey, kiddo, you're gonna ACE that exam!!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

We know you are studying hard so we forgive you!

Anonymous said...

good luck, donna, I know you will pass with flying colors!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best of luck. Paula

Anonymous said...

good for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

just a note to say hi   i've been MIA as well due to no computer until yesterday   good luck on your test   i know you'll do well   cya after the 28th!~kbear