Thursday, October 19, 2006

conversation with DR Office

Telephone rings

Me: Hello

Womans voice: Hello may I speak to  Donna

Me: Yes this is her

Woman's voice: This is Womans Diagnositic

Me: Ok <I was thinking ok there are calling to tell me hey your fine see you in a year>

Woman's voice: The Dr wanted me to call you and tell you that we need you to come in. We compared your last years mamogram to last weeks and the Dr see's some hummm shuffles paper..Change..

Me: What kind of change...< trying to remain calm and not stress out over nothgin>

Woman" Voice: The Dr wants to us to take another picture of your breast magnigfied...She see's something different a calification and wants to make sure its nothing...this isn't an emergerncy we just need you to come in when the Dr is here so she can read it right then and tell you the results right away..

Me: Ok when do you want me to come in

Womans voice: I can get you on tuesday 9:00

Me:Sound good see you then..

I hang up the phone and think CRAP!!!! What if I'm dead by this time next year....Then I think oh Donna quit being stupid your fine.. I took a deep breath and told myself not to worry...

So there you have it...creeps me out because I tend to be sensitive to these types of things since my close friend died of breast cancer3 years ago and I went through it with her...

So any prayers that this is nothing is appreicated..

Thanks

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear, I have been through this!  I was sent to a doctor who specializes in breasts, and she looked at my mammogram and said, "I'm not as sure as they are that it's cancer.  I'd say there's only a 50% chance that it's cancer."

That was NOT what I wanted to hear!  It turned out fine, my biopsy was OK.  But that was one of the biggest scares of my life.  I am saying a prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

Happened to me a few months ago. I know its scary but I have faith you will be okay and I am praying this is so. Paula

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers. Try and be calm and think positive. This has happened to me too. Just a precaution. I am glad you have a doctor who is on top of things.

Big Hugs coming your way.
Toodles,
Tia

Anonymous said...

Donna, My prayers are with you, hope everything turns out ok , Hugggggggggggggsssssssssssssssssss Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear it.  However you've done what you've needed to take care of yourself since the rest is out of your hands.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

Prayers coming your way!  I have calcifications and lumpy breasts so they are always finding SOMETHING and having to redo the mammogram.  You will be FINE!  Think positive!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU DONNA.....
I TOO HAD A MAMOGRAM AND BEFORE I COULD GET MY CLOTHES BACK ON GOOD, THEY WERE STOPPING ME AND TELLING ME TO WAIT..."SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT...COME BACK WE HAVE TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK".....SCARED THE CHIT OUT OF ME@!! BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE NOTHING THANK GOD....AND I HOPE YOURS WILL BE NOTHING TOO....I KNOW HOW SCARED YOU MUST BE.....PLEASE  LET US KNOW, OK???
I WILL SAY A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR YOU TONIGHT SUGAR....
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

You got em!

Anonymous said...

hugs and prayers!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up now.
Louise

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel.  I was called in for a biopsy to make sure all was well.  That was nerve-wracking.

Hugs my friend,

Deb

My journals:

http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/MakingAHome
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/bitsnbytes/
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/TheCube/>
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/fibrohaze/
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/kitchenchatter/

Rainbows and Sunbeams:

http://www.rainbowsandsunbeams.com

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers
and hoping it's nothing!!!
Hugss ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

You know you've got those prayers!!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hope everything turns out ok.  We'll be thinking of you.


Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

SO WHAT HAPPENED???????????????????????????????????email me and let me know so my stomach will settle down. You are fine, I know, but after my cancer last December I get the willies...