Saturday, October 28, 2006

one hip momma

Landon<24>: Mom will you go out dancing with me tonight

Me: <snickers> Honey why would you want your old momma to go out with you?

Landon: I just do I'm meeting my bosses at Rodeo Roundup.

Me: Get Randy <my hubby>to go with you...It would probably be more fun

Landon: I asked him but he is too tired..

Me: Oh alright

< I put on a  pair of jeans fixed my hair and put on makeup and we drove to the Bar>

We park and get out....I suddenly am taken back to my youth when I used to go dancing...I feel a little spring in my step

Landon: Wow mom you look really Young tonight...

Me: <laughing> Well I wasn't always old and boring. I did kick up my heels in my day..

We go in I met his friends... They remark on how cool that Landons mom came to dance with him..

I thinking wow I'm cool and didnt even try lol

A few times throughout the night my son would hug me and say "mom thanks so much for coming with me...

I could feel the love in his hugs....My heart melted...I haven't gotten hugs like that since he was a kid.

When the bar closed I agree to go to the after party with everybody...

Once again they were shocked and amazed...lol

One girl drank to much and started to get sick...they look at me like I was going to freak I didn't flench I just walk into the kitchen and got the girl a paper towel...

We got home at 4:30 am...It's been ages since I stayed up that late..

Fast forward a few days and Landon calls me...

Landon: Hey mom you were a big hit with my friends they said you rocked..

Me:<Laughes> I didn't do anything but chat with your friends and dance...nothing spectacular...

Landon: They said for me to ask you if you would go out with all of us again in the future...

Me: Well ok I might....but I can't do the 4:30 AM thing again...

Landon: OK...

 

Never thought I would be hip at 45.....Just goes to show you that you never know where your life path leads with you kids as they grow up...lol lol lol

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, Awwwwwwww how sweet is that ? Enjoy your Sunday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think it is a good and wonderful thing for a grown son and his mom to go out!!  I'm not at all surprised that you are cool........I knew it!!!  Bo)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Make it a habit. Get your husband to go too sometime. it will cure what ails you. Paula

Anonymous said...

Donna that is just lovely ~ sounds like you had a good time and a big hit with Landon's friends ~ Ally
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

Anonymous said...

you go girl!   feel young again as often as you'd like  go have some fun!~kbear

Anonymous said...

wtg!!!!!! my kids are still at the stage where I am an embarassment tohtem!  LOL
Becky

Anonymous said...

You are a hip Mama!  I don't think I could do that...not that wither of my older kids would even ASK me!  Glad you enjoyed your time with him in his environment!  Jae

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. My girls like me to go places with them, too, but a son...well, that is extra special

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Landon to ask you to go party with
him and his friends...glad ya'll had a wonderful time..
Oh and the girl that drank too much and got sick...
yeah...that was me last night too...haha  Good times!

Hugss..~Terri~