Saturday, February 16, 2008

saying no to a cub scout

Today we had scounting for food.. For those that don't know what it is...

The cubscouts collect cans of food for the hungry and needy. It's to teach them compassion for others and duty etc...

So in the cold and heavy rain we walked door to door knocking soaking wet and asking if they had a can of food for our drive.

Can you believe we had people tell Zachary No.. I mean come on you have one can of peas or something else you hate and would like to get rid of..

I think people are getting so cold these days.

Zach said why didn't those people want to help others..

I said some people are selfish and unkind

We got several No's...

I guess we got the crappy part of the neighborhood.

Last year people were more than happy to help...

Sometimes I just lose hope on all these crappy big city people..

Take me out to a small town....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, I so hear what you are saying, I moved from a small town, I sure miss it, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

So sad....I enjoy giving to others and helping
out when I can...it's a shame everyone doesn't

I love living in a small town

Hugs
Terri