Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My me maw sent me this HA!


>>> 
>>>
>>>    A sweet grandmother telephoned Mount Sinai Hospital.  She
timidly
>>> asked, "Is it possible to speak
>>> to someone who can  tell me how a patient is doing?"
>>> The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, Dear.   What's the name
and
>>> room number?"
>>> The grandmother in her weak tremulous voice said, "Holly  Finkel,
room
>>> 302.
>>> The Operator replied, "Let me check.  Oh, good  news.  Her record
>>> says that Holly is doing very well.  Her blood  pressure is fine;
>>> her blood work just came back as normal and her physician, Dr.  
>>> Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged Tuesday."
>>> The Grandmother said, "Thank you.  That's  wonderful!  I was so
>>> worried!  God bless you for the good  news."
>>> The operator replied, "You're more than welcome.   Is Holly your
>>> daughter?"
>>> The Grandmother said, "No, I'm Holly Finkel in  302.  No one
>>> tells me shit."

OK ok I know with the new hippa laws the operator wouldnt give this info however if ou have been in the hospital you can realte...Seems like they tell you nothging

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA hilarious....I work @ a hospital...
yeah they are very strict with those HIPPA laws...
but this was sooo funny..thanx for the laugh
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

This is so TRUE it's actually sad!  But you are right with those new privacy laws they don't tell you ANYTHING anymore!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Laughs....sounds like my hospiatl...they leave you in there for freakin' hours without checking on ya.

Anonymous said...

hahahhaha, that is cute! Brandie