Thursday, October 20, 2005

yuccky sniffles

Kids are home with coughing sniffles...Which they so kindly gave to me also..I medicated us all up and we are doing ok...Except this hellacious headache I have...

I had big plans of going to bookclub tonight and discussing the book angry housewives eating bonbons...

Insert telephone ringing...

Me: Hello

RN/Freind: Donna what are you going...Hack cough...

Me: wow you sound like us are you sick...??

RN/friend: yes I feel like caca couldnt sleep last night

Me: What up?

RN/Friend:  Shelia called....

Me:<sensing this isnt good> Yeah and...

RN/friend: She needs us to work there was a big mistake and there is a overnight patient...

Me: Damn it.. I have plans plus not feeling up to snuff..

Rn/friend: Yeah I told her no and she got upset appearently the patient is a close freind of the DR...She is freaking so I told her ok but she owes me

Me: SHIT This makes me mad...a freaking few hours notice to work a 12 hour shift.................. I can't say no cause if I do it will piss them off and they won't call me again... So I guess I will do it...damn it..<stomps feets>

plus I just had to spend about 477.00 on my car the other day....Thank goodness I didn't plan on having the meeting at my house...

RN/Friend:  Yeah I'm not really thrilled about it either...

Me:ok I will see you tonight

Background noise...High pitch screaming from kids..

MOM he won't get me a muffin...

Its not your muffin...is too... is not... is too... is not

I hang up phone and scream you guys start fighting and you will be dressed and off to school...

silence...

whew...I think I will run away...lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciara is stuffy and she has a stye.  Alex and julie are coughing.   Perfect, just in time for Halloween.  They catch stuff from the daycare and it never fails, they get it last and they are always sick for the Fall Holidays!

Anonymous said...

This time of year is always bad for us in this household for some reason too.  Hope all of you are feeling better soon!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yeuweh!  What about bringing germs along to the patients??!!  I mean I am sure You were very careful.....but still!!   What are "they" thinking to insist that sick caregivers go to patients?  Yuck.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

That blows only having a few hours notice...
too bad the hosp. didn't call you themselves...
then good ol' caller ID would have came in handy
<<<Ignore>>>>....thats what i do...hehe..I am evil
Hugss..~Terri~