Saturday, October 22, 2005

october breast cancer awareness

I don't like october...breast cancer awareness month...

It feels like someone is constantly slapping me in the face everytime I hear breast cancer....

Its a constant reminder of the death of my good friend Cecy who died at age 32..

It has been almost 3 years and it does get better..

Time does heal...like they say

I almost feel bad sometimes that I have moved on...

like I'm betraying CECY but I know she would want it this way..

Her husband remarried this summer and I ran into his nanny the other day...She told me he didnt put up the beautiful painting he had made and bought after she died..

In fact he didnt have any pictures up except a very small 3 by 5 picture of Cecy and Jaxon...I'm sure this is for jaxons sake...

Made me sad to think he didnt want to put it up the painting

 

I know I'm probably not being fair I have never lost a spouse...I have never walked in his shoes...

I still have anger that she didnt fight more for her life...

Enough sad talk.............

My mom is coming up today........ to get her hair done..

She only comes up to get her hair done ...Doesnt make me feel very special but I should be used to it...

Anyway...its the weekend...a beautiful fall day...

Enjoy

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that would be weird, having to decide whether to keep pictures of a deceased spouse up if you remarried.  I think I would have to insist on it because how do you just "erase" or try to forget such a major part of your life?  Especially since of our kids.

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

Anonymous said...

your friend would of wanted you to move on. you can never ever erase them from your mind as there will always be reminders, good and bad, life is for living. love Joanne

Anonymous said...

(((Donna)))   -  Barbara