Monday, January 9, 2006

Ok I need you help

SO I have made a decision

Many of you know I have a Dental Hygiene Degree

I have never used it...Why you ask

Life happened...

I had a baby at 20

I got married 19

I got divorce 21

Became a single mommy

There I was 22 and exhausted..

I was determined to finish my schooling and I did

I got my degree..I was excited but real life sunk in and I needed to work to support my baby and me

THEN

I got a good paying job with a great corporation and told myself it would be temporary 6 months max and I would take my boards and them become a licensed Dental Hygienist...

Well its 22 years later 

I have decided to finish what I started...

I'm really fearful...I know I can do it but I'm fearful of failing..

I think fear has always kept me from trying again...

Plus I'm 44.. I think they would probably take a look at me and say hey we want a young pretty hygienist...lol

So I need all prayers and support ....there will be days where I think ...

AGGGHHH!!! Why am I doing this

So I may need you to kick me in the butt and stop me from being negative...

I thought I would share this with my j-land peeps...

Love

Donna In TEXAS

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go for it!

Anonymous said...

I was 44 years old when I went to Graduate school to get a Master's degree in special education... I was very fearful. Felt like I was stepping out on faith alone. I wanted to do it, but I was afraid to do it because I had not ever taught in the classroom until I became a student teacher in 1997. I thought the same thing about being one of the oldest students in my class, and how kids would rather want a pretty young teacher, and other teachers would rather have an experienced person to work with. However, kids love having a grey haired teacher. Makes them think of grandma, and they are respectful and considerate. Younger teachers are respectful, and there aren't very many older ones who aren't already retired. I've only been teaching 6 years, and I know, after all the struggles to get here, and the anxiety and the demands made on me, my time, my family, have proved it was the right thing to do. So, step out of that boat, my dear, and follow your heart into this new territory. You are almost guaranteed to fail at some things, but you will each time have an opportunity to try again, to prove yourself again. Don't let fear be the only reason you don't do it. Think of where you will be five years from now if you don't try again, and where you will be if you do.

It won't be easy, but you will be glad you did it. You will be so glad you did it! God Bless and good luck. Bea

Anonymous said...

I am 44 and back in school!
Becky

Anonymous said...

do it do it do it!

kelly

Anonymous said...

never stop learning go for it:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Donna , I have only recently met you but I have faith in you and I will be here to cheer you on or to pray for you.You seem like a wonderful person and I think any dental office would be lucky to have you !!!!!! I will be here to inspire you if you need me.Hugs Your Friend Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna you will still be 44 even if you DONT do it.... it's just a number.. go for it. You wont fail. Your smart, secure and you deserve to it. DO IT

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Good for you Donna!!!!!  Keep that mind busy!  It is never too late to start something you never finished.  You will feel better about yourself and it will enrich you in more ways than you realize right now.  You are doing the right thing!!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Go for it!   when i'm fearful, i use that fear to get thru it   i face  i conquer  i do~kbear

Anonymous said...

Good for you !!!!! And 44 is still a baby ! I am (at 34 ) just starting to be the women I want to be !!!! best of luck !
God bless you.
Anita

Anonymous said...

Your going to do wonderful D!  

Derek

http://journals.aol.com/deveil/CelebrationofMyExhistance

Anonymous said...

I don't want the staff in the dentist office to be young, I want them to be kind and competent. You can do it, I just know you can do it. Paula P.S. And you are young compared to me.