Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dear Jerry Wayne Kenyon

Dear Jerry Wayne Kenyon,

Hello dear cousin of mine.. I wanted to take a minute to thank you for your kindness and tell you that I love you..I know you know this but humor me.....You always send me those beautiful jacque Lawson e-mail cards just because..

You are such a thoughtful and kind person..Thank you for that

I talked with mom today and I receive alarming news about you..

Mom said you died this morning and went to be with the Lord and your dad.. I know you would not want me to be sad. But frankly Jerry I am...Mainly sad for myself I know that is selfish of me... I know these last few years had been hard for you with your wife dieing and the brain tumor but you had persevered ...with a good attitude I might ad.

I know we hadn't physically hug in many years but you and I had sent pictures and hug Internet style...lol

It is my hope that your family was surrounding you with love as you pass on to be with God... I know you were tired and your body was worn out from disease..

I will miss you Jerry...As I type this I cry and tears run down my face I know you would tell me don't cry but I just have to...I know one day I will die also but you will be there standing on the other side with open arms..

Thank you for the simple beauty and kindness you brought into my life and the lives of others..

Take care...Save me a place...Tell uncle Alvin your dad that we miss him and hug him for me....

With great love and affection

your cousin

Donna

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
*Louise*

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss sweety.

Thinking of you,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Jerry sounds like a wonderful fellow.  So very sorry for you and your family at this loss.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Wonderful remembrance....God bless you and your family during this time!~kbear

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but you will see him again.  That is what I hold onto when the grief seems more than I can bare.  You're in my thoughts and my prayers.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. This was a thoughtful and sweet rememberance, a memorial. Bea

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful letter! hugs!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the loss of your cousin.  But you wrote a fantastic positive tribute to a wonderful person.

Hugs.

Chris
Most recent entry was 1/30/06
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is a nice tribute and very sweet.  I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your doing okay.

You know...we live so close to each other we need to meet sometime...go out to lunch sometime soon.  :)
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/lettingitallsinkin

Anonymous said...

Donna what a lovely tribute to your cousin..I am so sorry for your loss....But you will meet again I am sure....Ally

Anonymous said...

Very sorry for your loss.

Ellen