Friday, January 20, 2006

wow wow

wow has it been a week since I wrote an entry?...

I have been studying my butt off..ok ok  NOT Literally so quit looking its still there..

Today was a hard day for me..

For so many years I have told myself many crazy stupid words of denial..about why I didn't fulfill my Dental Hygiene license

-I never really wanted to do that I was young..

-who wants to clean teeth all day..

-that was a long time ago...

-that isn't me anyway people need me in my life

and many other  reasons...

I realize today that I told myself those things because I

was drum roll please

I AM AFRAID..

You see if I tell myself I never wanted something then I wouldn't have to put myself out there..It was safe in my little world of not wanting...

Today I felt like somebody hit me in the pit of my stomach..the fear of doom..I can't explain...I would rate it a panic attack...

a total out of control feeling....

what is scaring me I'm not sure..Trust me if you know me at all I have analyzed it to death...

Maybe you have your own theory let me know...

I know that I want this more than I have ever wanted anything in a long time...

To want with out knowing you will ever have...

is a scarey place to be....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're all afraid of the unknown.  You'll be fine, because you have a sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Hey...............

I wasnt staring at your butt...........
Ok..... well maybe just a glance or two............. he he he he

Anonymous said...

Have you asked yourself what you are afraid of? And what you would feel like if you never give it a try? And if you fail, say you don't pass a test, or your don't get an A in your classes, what's the worst that could come of that? But what if you don't fail? If you dont' try, you will never know. We are afraid of the unkown unless we have the reassurance of things not seen. Have faith that when you step into the dark unknown, that one of two things will happen: you will either step onto solid ground, or you will be given wings to fly! I read that somewhere. Would love to know who authored it. It helped me when I decided to return to school for my Master's Degree. You can do it! And you can write about all your doubts as you strive for the dream. Don't let not knowing stop you.  You have a lot of friends who want you to follow your dream.   : - )  Bea

Anonymous said...

Donna, I have faith in you and I think you are a great person and you deserve to be happy.I believe in you so believe in yourself, you can do anything !!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are dedicated and smart.  I have faith in you -- and I'm picky about the people I say that too.

I love you, Donna!

Russ

Anonymous said...

nope no theory I get that as well and it isn;t connected to the real world.

Anonymous said...

We cant see your butt, your sitting down!!
I have faith, you can do what you set out to do.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

It's always scarey to start something new, but to start something after you haven't done anything for YOURSELF in so long is really, really scarey!!!  You are just getting butterflies because you are finally thinking of you for a change.  You are making the right choice!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You will be fine. Close your eues. Take a deep breath. Now pop a valium and take the test. Fear will help you. You will ace this test. I know you will. I have faith in you.

Anonymous said...

You're like me.  It's a combination of not having alot of faith in yourself and knowing it's going to take alot of work.  And you're scared you're going to get burned out half way thru and want to give up?  I think it's great you're doing what you're doing.  You go girl!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my fears get the best of me and their senseless   Fear alone has its own way of wreaking havoc   do your best to blow them off or conquer them   keep giving your dreams your best shot!~kbear