Friday, August 18, 2006

45 yuk

SOOOO>>>>

 lately when age has come up I have admitted to being 45..I'm really not 45 until the 29 but hell why not say it now get used to it...Its coming anyway...

This morning my 8 year old Zach came into my bed to snuggle..He said momma your so beautiful.. Such a little sly one he is...

He then asks me to get up and get him some cereal at which I remark well if you want me to get you cereal then you have to wait 30 minutes it not my getting up time...If you want it now then you have to get it yourself...He giggled and complained and left....

I got up later and he had indeed poured his own cereal...I smiled to myself...he can be amazingly independent when the need arises...LOL..

I was thinking today about back when I was 25...Where did all my energy go to.???..

I remember going dancing with friends , partying so excited about life and what my life was to become...

Now I'm happy to get out of bed without a ache or pain...

Life has a way of slapping you in the face just to say...yeah your in my control and what ya going to do about it....huh....

Guess I will go put some clothes on this fluffy 45 year old body and sashay out the door....

I'll go sit at the mall and watch the people walk by .....I will laugh as the young ones walk by because they will look at me and think....Why in the world would that woman want to just sit there and watch people walk by how lame...

Then I will want to yell at them...HEY I was you once and you will be me someday so I'm just keeping the seat warm for ya!!

PEACE OUT and all that jazz the young whippersnappers say...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff and I were just discussing this morning how we are tired all the time and don't have energy like we used to... but then I added, real quickly, "But I'm glad to wake up alive in the morning!"

Anonymous said...

Donna, have a great day at the mall, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

But another way to look at it, Donna, is that you are the youngest age now than you will ever be again. So... take those pictures, because ten years from now you will be looking back at 45 and wishing to look that young again!! Hey, it's not as bad as you'd think... a few aches and pains, all a trade in for the foolishness, self-centeredness, and carefree-ness of youth. Not that those are all wrong to be when we are young... it's just the way we learn, I suppose. LOL!! I much like being older. It's more comfortable. You are going to be great at 45... wiser, leaner, wittier, and your reach to love the world has expanded... Bea

Anonymous said...

count backwards if it helps   or pick a younger age and be that age for the rest of life   i like the no. 33    happy  birthday!   same day as my sister's~hugz kbear

Anonymous said...

On your next birthday Donna start to go backwards be 44 next year ~ after all they tell me age is only a number ~ so we may as well pick the one we like lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Stop talking like that. I've seen you and you look great. I wish I was 45. Paula

Anonymous said...

I start saying my "new" age as soon as the New Year passes......even though my BD is in September.  Just easier to remember.  LOL  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

You are not even old woman!!  You are talking like you are 95 years old or something!  Although I hear ya' about not having much energy, I know that feeling very well.  I am only turning 40, but my energy level has dropped dramatically and it takes a very long time to get me going in the morning (LOTS of coffee!).  Your sons are just adorable with how much they love you and their little things they do.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa