Monday, December 19, 2005

Today was the day

So today was the day that Cameron my 5th grader saw

"The Film" <that is what he calls it > 

"The Film" Was a film on puberty... 

I was curious how he would react to it...

Since I already have a 24 old son I have already been through this so I wasn't quite as nervous about it...

So....I pick the kids up from school...And

Me: hey guys how was school

Cameron: Hum it was good we saw our film

Me: Oh yeah that was today wasn't it

Cameron:Yeah it was

Me:So how was it??

Cameron: oh it was ok they talked about our bodies how they would change...

Me: really did you learn anything new

Cameron: naugh not really just we will get hair on our bodies and about our penis...

Me: I chuckle...hum your penis huh...

Cameron:Yeah it will grow bigger and ejaculate...

Me: ... I see well how do you feel about that..

Cameron: It didn't bother me we saw it with just boys so it was ok...I'm hungry what's for supper<he says without missing a beat>

ME: I thought we stop and get some supper I have to go to work...

Whew that went good...I was wondering what questions he might have for me...I'm sure he will think about it and throw a question at me when I least expect it...

I looked over at my big 10 year old and all of a sudden he look a little older...different ...He is growing up...

Oh well it happens where there your ready or not

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think about the time I heard 'ejaculate' I would have spit coffee out my nose.   ~Sie  http://persnicketypfft.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

So now your 10 year old knows too.  My 8 year old granddaughter asked me, "What's puberty" and her 10 year old sister said, "Natalie, you aren't supposed to talk about things like that."  I said, "Puberty isn't a bad word; it just means your body is changing from a child's body to a woman's body."

Anonymous said...

The dreaded movie huh?!  They don't show that anymore in the schools here in Connecticut.  But, I remember seeing it and it was mortifying!  But, we didn't know much back then, kids seem to know EVERYTHING now and days!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

They do grow up to fast:) at least he can talk to you about it

Deb

Anonymous said...

I am going to get hair on my wee wee?  OMG......that's GROSS.   ha ha ha

I love the conversations you have with your kids, they crack me up.  

So.....what's for dinner?

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun