Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Cecys story

In my last entry I dicussed us discovering cecy having breast cancer...but you know .....it .....really didn't seem real.  She didn't look sick and she didn't act sick. Chemo went fine so did child birth and the mastectomy.  Our lives just went along and this blip in the road was over.

In April things changed she complained about her arm hurting a little ...thats all... I said probably your nerves growing back and she agreed.

WIthin a month we lost her so fast no chance to breathe just gone..... one minute here next minute nothing.... just gone

Daniel cecy's husband set up a group where we could log on and see what was going on with her so we wouldn't have to call him all the time.  He needed time to be with her. I will share a few of the last entries.

 

4/8/2003 1:08 pm entry by daniel

 To both Cecy and I it is becoming pretty obvious that things are getting worse. Cecy and I had some really wonderful talks yesterday about some of the hardest things you could ever talk about with your wife.  She is really tired and wants to come home and be comfortable with her family and is not sure she wants to continue with treatment if it is going to affect the quality of her remaining life. She really is ready to go on to her real home…Heaven. We talked about her last wishes, where she wants to be, who she wants to be with…all sorts of things. Cecy is the most amazing individual that you or I will ever meet. Her courage is incredible and her faith is undying.

4/13/2003 3:55 PM  Posted by Daniel H
So much love for Cecy.

It was a great day at the house. All of Cecy’s friends showed up in force and finished her arbor and garden in one day! It is almost as beautiful as Cecy! She has really felt everyone’s love some much these last few days that I think that is the only reason she hangs on. Cecy has been really too sick to even cry this week but when she was wheeled out to her garden she was moved to tears. I will never forget that…..completely wonderful. I want to thank eveyone so much for all there hard work and money to get that together. With her condition getting worse by the day It will really be nice to have a sanctuary right in her back yard.  

   4/14/2003 4:18 PM  Posted by Daniel H
My Dearest Cecy went to Heaven this morning a 2:30...
 

Thank you for letting me share a small part of CECYS journey.. CECY  I MISS YOU!!  You are my hero!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Death is only sad for the ones left behind.....beautiful entry!
http://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/LifeasIliveit/

Anonymous said...

Good entry.:)  I know you miss her, you and many others, but she is a wonderful place.  Thanks for sharing some of her story.
Steph

Anonymous said...

My sympathies to you and yours, and everyone that loves her.

Anonymous said...

I actually wept when I read this.  I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you.