Monday, October 18, 2004

MY CECY

This pictures looks like a typical family picture but it is not. This is my friend Cecy and this is the face of breast cancer.

I would like to share with you cecys journey she would want me too.  I must say this is very hard for me even after a year and a half. In fact I feel a knot in my throat as I type. I loved her so much and still do...

I remember when Cecy mentioned a DR's appt. about a knot in her breast and wanting to check it out. We talked about it being nothing since she was pregnant and hormones do crazy things to your body.  Besides she is only in her 30's.. still young.  WE were wrong boy were we ever wrong. 

 

This month is breast cancer awareness month..For some people it doesn't mean much except people fighting cancer more of a abstract thing.

I have given this some thought and even though I would like my journal to be on the humorous side, I feel that If I can help others by these next few days of entries then it is my responsiblity. Please join me in the next few days as I share with you the details of a beautiful life..

And please ladies self exam and get those mamograms!!!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your friend.  I hope and pray someday there will be something...some kind of cure for breast cancer(all cancers).  It claims too many great people.  I'll be reading your/her story as you share it.  
Steph

Anonymous said...

there isn't really an age where breast cancer starts or finishes.  this is a great entry to remind people that.  

Anonymous said...

There are no words that reallly help.  Grief is something we have to go through alone. Just know that it does get easier and she is still with you. She came to you that night to let you know that and that she loves you....still.

Candace