Thursday, October 28, 2004

interview

Well....I went on my little interview and OH MY GOSH!!! I leave the house early because it is a little bit of a commute and don't want to be late.  Dang it.....I got there at 9:08 so I sat in my car and thought ....hummmmmm what should I do.... I decided to go into the post office and ask where the interview will be and if there is a place I can sit and wait.

Some dude in a red vest comes out and I proceed to ask him about where I go.Goes like this

Me---Excuse me sir I have a interview for a possible job... could you       please tell me where that will be held??? It doesn't say on my paper.

Red Vest Man-<no emotion smile just stoned faced>  The postmaster office ......you can sit in your car or walk across the street.

Me- Ok thank you very much Coit<I noticed his name badge and thought I'd be polite and acknowledge he had a name>

Red vest man-- He grunted some kind of acknowledgement kind of a cross between a grunt and a un huh

SOOOOO I walk across the street had coffee came back still 9:35

dang 25 more minutes..got in car listen to KIDD Kraddock on the radio got out at 9:55 walked in..There were 15 people in line for the same interview.

Wasn't really feeling the love in this place but what the heck I'm a tough old bird ......working 16 years at SBC made me that way so I took a deep breath and followed everybody in.

 

We got into a room and a older lady came in and said

Ok make sure everything is fill out on your application if one space is not filled in or a zip code is missing we will toss your application.

<ok do we need a group hug here :-)>

Next she said I not going to sugar coat this and she proceeded to tell us the bad and ugly of working for usps.

Most of it .. I was pretty much  used to working for ma bell but what really gave me a giggle was the part where she said you may have to use your own vehicle.... if you do your expected to drive from the passenger seat.

Now I understand there reasoning behind this...really I do but <youknew there was a but :-)> Why don't you just cut off my arms and let me drive with my mouth....that would be just as easy.

We had just got though listening to a spill about driving correctly with good driving habits..no wreck etcc.. soo which part of driving from the passenger seat is good driving habits.  

I'am I the only who sees the irony in this????

There was one lady to interview all 15 of us and if you do the math YES I was there 4 hours give or take..  I once asked to go to the bathroom and she said we don't have one you can use....I looked at her and said ok and went and sat back down.  5 minutes later she said well... I'm feeling benevolent today so you can use the postmaster bathroom.

Come on did she really expect us to sit there for 4 hours and not pee I just had two freaking cups of coffee...my eyeballs were floating

Should of bought some depends:-)

 

 

When she got to me and guess what...it wasn't a interview at all it was just her looking at my application and seeing if I missed any spaces thats it.

Wanted to know if I had any questions and proceeded to say she would pass my info to human resources.

Why didn't they just let me mail it back and they could of gone over it and then give me a ringey dingy if they were interested  me .  What a waste of my time and gas....

In the end I ended up taking my application with me because I couldn't remember the exact date of a speeding ticket 6 years ago.  Said I needed a date or they would consider me withholding information. So tomorrow I have to take it back to her whew I exhausted

The Moral of the story.......THIS puts a new spin on going postal to me.. Those poor people ''no wonder they snap :-)

Here is a big hug to all our postal workers

PS I got that picture from a postal worker website hummm maybe there is something to this not going to the bathroom

In the womans defense she ended up being a little nicer than she made out so who knows.  Next time your in the post office say a nice word to these poor stressed out people

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief!  You're alot tougher than I am.  If someone told me there was no place for me to pee after that amount of time, I'd have to get fiesty.  I'd be forced to hang my bottom over a trash can. >:)  
I can totally understand why those people go postal.  
Steph

Anonymous said...

Hmmm yeah I'm sure the ones that actually do work ARE pretty stressed. I try to say a nice thing and be as quick as can be when I go into places where people are stressed.
But I also know a CERTAIN postal worker that likes to take every Thursday off. Been five years and not caught yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just started reading your journey and I noticed you listen to Kidd Kraddock. You gotta be from the Dallas area. I live in Garland. Just wanted to say Hi.

Cheryll

Anonymous said...

donna..this is susie and i enjoyed your stories.  you have a gift that you need to share.  you give us a reason to smile and in these times that is so important.  mom says you are very talented and should have been a writer.  you go girl.