Saturday, October 30, 2004

D-i-v-o-r-c-e

I can still hear Tammy Wynette singing the song ddd iii vvv ooo rrr ccc eee becomes final today....me and little jjj ooo eee will be going away..  well  not sure if the last part is right but it rhymed.:-)

I remember singing to that song sitting in the back seat of my mom and dads car...I was a little girl just singing my heart out.. not really knowing what d i v o r c e really meant.

 

That word divorce has come to mean many things to me in my life. I have felt it as a child of divorce and I have felt it as an adult of divorce.  Both pretty much suck.

I was pretty hard on my parents when they divorce basicially because I was 17 and really didn't understand it.  I knew my world was changing. I was confused and scared and so I did what all 17 year olds are good at.........  I was a pain in the ASS....A big one.

I am 43 near the age my parents were when they divorced and I have to say in my heart I do understand why it happened.  I understand that my parents messed up because it just happens.  I don't blame them but for years I did.  I wore those wounds like jewelry but I Do Not now.

Marriage is hard ....being middle aged is hard...  dang it life is hard.  They don't teach you this stuff in school. There should be A University of Marriage and A University of Raising Kids.  Noone really teaches you those things your kind of thrown into it..Sometimes you sink sometimes you swim .I have done both.

My daddy called me tonight.. it is always good to talk to him. 

Mom is living with me right now.

When we are children we see our parents as all knowing god like creatures...... AS we age and become our parents ages back then we see they were just like us.....  They had there dreams,fears and vunerablities.  They were simply Human.

I love my parents and I forgave them long ago. I know they have forgiven me time and time in my life..I am there child and they love me warts and all :-)thats ok with me

I love you mom and dad,

your daughter,

Donna

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how our parents are supposed to be heroes to us when we were young.  But as we grow older we see them differently and understand things we didn't back then.  We see they're just human.:)
Steph