Saturday, November 12, 2005

conversation with Landon <24 year old>

Telephone rings...

 

Landon: Hello

Me: hey baby its your momma

Landon: hey mom what's up

Me: I wondered if you got my message about the wedding invitation

Landon: yeah I got it I have been working hard so I haven't had time to call you back

Me: Thats ok I just didnt know why Kevin sent you a wedding invitation since your going to be in the wedding in December.

Landon: I don't know why he sent me one...

Me:Well maybe he just wanted to send the invitation and all the rig-ga-maroe that goes with it

Landon: RIG-GA-MAROE did you just say

RIG-GA-MAROE????

Me: Yeah why

Landon:RIGA-GA-MAROE is something my grandma would say NOT my mother...

Me:<snickering> Well who do you think I learned it from my mom who is duh your grandma

Landon: MOM your not that old

Me: well thanks I think....<smile>

 

Nice to see one of my sons don't think I'm old....:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang!  mine think I am ancient!  (43)!!!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Awe, what a sweet boy!  I'm familiar with rig-ga-marols and thinga-ma-jigs and "tumping" things over.  Hubby even says battery  (BAT-RE).  Which is a correct but very old pronunciation!!  We even still say "Ice box"!  lol  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA....cute
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I've picked up so many of my pa's phrases and words.  Just the other day I said "varmint" in reference to a squirrel that had raced out in front of my car.  

Russ