Sunday, November 6, 2005

Sigh

Today we went to Church http://fellowshipchurch.com

 This is the church we go to...We havent been in a while...I struggle ...anyway....the band sang a song and they displayed the lyrics as the head singer sang...

I got such a lump in my throat...it made me sad....my life is slipping away...I sometimes feel so lost..and not sure what my place is in this world...

Anyway hear are some of the lyrics...

 

 

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead


Yesterday is a promise that you've broken


don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes


this is your life.... today is all you've got now
 and today is all you'll ever have

don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes

This is your life, are you who you want to be???


This is your life, are you who you want to be???


This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

Yesterday is a kid in the corner


Yesterday is dead and over

This is your life, are you who you want to be???
This is your life, are you who you want to be???


This is your life,.....is it everything you dreamed that it would be when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

 

the group is switchfoot....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My world has not turned out as i'd have it, but i don't give up on my dreams    don't give up   take each day as it comes, but keep dreamin and make it happen!~kbear

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are pretty rough lyrics. I agree that time does go by much too quickly. Just remember you always have the power to change it. Life is all about choices. Make the choices that make you happy and you will always have that happiness in your memories. Take Care
                                Karen

Anonymous said...

Sort of an odd song to me for church.....no mention of God, or His plans for our lives, His transforming power, or our Hope in Glory.  Too fatalistic for me.  Seems everywhere I go lately, everyone is examining some facet of their spirituallity.....at least on-line in J-land.  Guess all I truley have to say is "Today is the day of salvation."  In other words......as long as you are drawing breath in this body, you can Start New.....Start Over......Turn Around.  (((Donna))) -  Barbara