Thursday, November 3, 2005

conversation with Zachary

Zachary my soon to be 8 year old loves to pretend play he has a vivid imagination..

Last night I was laying in bed watching Tv and he walks up with a pad and pen in hand

Zachary: Hello I'm Zachary what would you like to eat.

Me: Are you my waiter..

Zachary: Can I take your order?

< there he sttod with a pen and paper looking so cute and sincere>

Me: ok I guess get me a salad

Zachary: Ok .....<he looks at his paper and looks at me and said> How do you spell that??

Me: I started laughing...Can you imagine being in a restaraunt and ordering and the waiter ask you to spell your order>

Me: S-A-L-A-D

Zachary: what would you like to drink?

Me: <so i 'm thinking I will make this simple and pick a drink that isnt hard to spell> I'll have Tea

Zachary: ok hummmm how do you spell tea...???

Me: zachary you are a hoot son..

Zachary looks at me with that cute grin....

 

Kids gotta love them

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good old Zachary!! lol love Joanne

Anonymous said...

Gotta love em! That is cute. Brandie

Anonymous said...

Awww..how cute =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Trevor (6 y/o) does the same thing.  He gets paper and starts mimicking his teacher.  

"OK, who brought their lunch today?"  
and then he checks off an imaginary list.  Kids are great!

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun