Saturday, February 5, 2005

The big question

I was reading a journal and they had a question....If you could have one thing in your life what would it be????

This question puzzled me...

Why you ask???? Because there are so many things and narrowing down to one that's hard.....

I thought and thought and this is what I would like to have....One wish..one desire.....

When I am of an old age and lieing in my bed dieing..I would want my children and husband there so that thier eyes would be the last I would see before I went to heaven...the feel of thier love and knowing it was worth it all...just to experence life...having no regrets...

I know this sounds a little morbid...but at my age of 43 you start thinking about death...Not because you wish to die but because it becomes very clear that there is a end to this road...

We all know that we will die but you know out of sight out of mind....

At my age you start seeing more of your friends dieing...your body aches in places it never ached before..things just start wearing out as they should be...It is part of the process....

I look in the mirror and inside I feel young but the person looking back at me is different well..... she is older and frankly I dont like it!!!!!!!!

but ya know...what can you do.....

SO I Ask you if you could have one wish in your life what would it be????

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be at peace

Anonymous said...

Health! If you have health you can handle anything. If you think your 40's are bad just wait for those 60's. I don't think you are being morbid, it is reality. Take care, Paula

Anonymous said...

One thing huh?  Well, I ask for the same thing every night before I go to bed... I ask for just one more day with my family.  And when I awake I know that my wish has been fulfilled and I am content.  Yet when the night falls I ask again, just in case.  I have never been disappointed... and when my time comes, I will be content still for my wish has been granted many times over.  

Anonymous said...

reading the other comments, health, peace, one more day.... it's so hard to pick. My first reaction was to say  Unlimited Money. Then I remembered last week when my whole family got hit with the stomach virus.  It was the worst, seeing my kids crying over the pain they were experiencing. So I think I would wish for Good Health.
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

FOOD !!!!

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife

Anonymous said...

I would wish for a good life for my son :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

At 43 you start to think about DYING!!!????  OMG!  I am so not looking forward to that in 5 more years!  I cannot even answer this question because I am not even ready to think about it!  AAAAGHHHHH!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have no idea b/c there are so many I can't limit it to just one...

true love...career satisfaction...kiddos...EEK!!!

I like yours though, Donna.  It's not morbid---it shows how important your loved ones are to you. *Great* answer. :)

~tara

Anonymous said...

peace. judi

Anonymous said...

As schmaltzy as it sounds (is schmaltzy a word?)...I would wish for peace on earth. Can you imagine?
Candace

Anonymous said...

I would wish that I could see everything!  I want to see the Pyramids of Egypt, the Bahamas, the Great Wall of China and just all famous tourist places in the world!  I would enjoy every gourmet platter I could try and every drink that could be mixed.  

Beth