Thursday, February 10, 2005

diddle dum and other fun

Yea!!! I walked 1/2 a mile tonight I know I know...pretty sad one measley half mile but its progress.

Work has been ok...Cat lady has been quite I can't help but think she is sitting up on a ledge ready to pounce...

She did ask out coworker friend to lunch the other day...Shocked my coworker..I told her ....be careful she is trying to smooze her way into your world...

Since I moved my printing to another machine I haven't seen her much except an occassional hallway run in..

Thanks for all your concern over oldest son...He is doing much better and now has a really nice girlfriend..

I did call him today to check on him...He asked about work I said don't really like it...Staying in an office closed off from others.... working on paperwork isn't really my cup of tea...we had an interesting conversation..

Landon:Mom what do you want to do?

Me: I would like to be a nurse or social worker..

Landon: Why dont you go back to school and do that

Me:I dont believe in myself

Me: I'm afraid...I know that my time is limited and this would have to be the last time I go back to school and what if I get to the end and cant pass boards...

Landon: Mom you tell me all the time I'm smart and can do anything and so can you...

Me:Moms are  suppose to encourage there children...I'm a loser what can I say...A JAck of all trades king of nothing

lets see what all have I done

1.Associate degree in Dental Hygiene

2.16 years with SBC

3.Got Nail license

4.Lack 1 and 1/2 years having a Bachelor in Respiratory care

5.Retail work

6.Mom

7.Volunteer with the elderly

8.Volunteered at church

6.My brain in tired just remembering all the things I'm sure I have forgotten something

Landon:See mom you have done alot just pick something and do it.

Me: I guess I'm afraid to pick...afraid I will be dissapointed to I fail by not trying..

Landon: Mom your very good with people a good listener.compassionate,loving and understanding..I think you would make a good nurse..Your a natural.

Me:Well it takes more than natural to pass the classes..

Me:See landon you get frustrated not knowing what you want to do at 23 now you see that older people struggle with that also...

Landon: It's ok Mom I love you...

Me: Go have fun with your girl...I love you too

Landon:You will like her mom

Me:What matters is if you like her

LAndon:IT matters to me that you like her..your acceptance is important to me.

Me:I sure I will like her sugar bear now go have fun call me tomarrow

Conversations take a different twist when your kids grow up...

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great conversation with your son!  I am not even close to that point with my children, but I hope that one day we can be just as close and that they will be encouraging me as your son is encouraging you.  Trust him, he does know you best!!!  And, WOW, on all the things you have accomplished already in your life!  You just have to find a job where you are happy, even if it's one that you don't get paid much at (just like me).  Being happy when you go to work makes all the difference in the world!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow, my conversation with my son goes more like this...
Me - Hello Jason
Him - I want a orange
Me - OK!
But then he is only five ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

boy can I relate - 8 years in the air force, 2 kids several really great jobs and i still don't know what i want to be when i grow up.  I'm back in school full time at 38 - and it's really not that bad.  It's hard work, but it's a lot easier then I remember it from when I was 20.  Good luck deciding what you want to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!  All I want to say is that you should find something that will make you happy to do for a long period of time.  You are a brilliant woman, why don't you try teaching or being an aide.  That's what I am doing right now and I absolutely love it.  I don't have to mess with parents and I just get to do what I love.  I think we have a lot in common and this is my passion...maybe it could be yours.  This is my two cents and I pray that you find your knack and stick to it!  

Beth