Saturday, February 12, 2005

Knocking me for a loop

This is the conversation all mothers of grown Sons dread:-)

 cozartbaby [4:20 P.M.]:  just thought i should ket u know i am planning on getting hitched
Lacaza3 [4:20 P.M.]: 
excuse me???

Lacaza3 [4:21 P.M.]:  I think you getting married is a good thing....once you date someone for about a year and get to know them

Lacaza3 [4:23 P.M.]:  are you there?

cozartbaby [4:24 P.M.]:  well yeah it won t be 4 another year
Lacaza3 [4:25 P.M.]:  so why do you im me with this what is up?? do we need to talk ?/

Lacaza3 [4:26 P.M.]: 
forever is a long time

cozartbaby [4:26 P.M.]:  no everything is fine

cozartbaby [4:27 P.M.]:  i know it is and i see forever
Lacaza3 [4:27 P.M.]:  why this need to be married..You can date get to know one another..You can always get married but once your married you cant take it back.

Lacaza3 [4:29 P.M.]:  No you dont see forever if you did you would defentily be giving this way more thought...Landon you just want to be loved and there is nothing wrong with that.But everything has a time and place and if we rush it ....IT could ruin everything you wanted

cozartbaby [4:30 P.M.]:  i know mom

Lacaza3 [4:32 P.M.]:  Good I'm glad... Being in love is great especially the frist few months but once you get pass the buttiflies and mushey part that is when you can tell if the person is really for you
Lacaza3 [4:33 P.M.]: 
I not saying that you dont know what your saying I'm just saying learn from your old momma...I made mistakes so that you dont have to:-D and can learn from me..

cozartbaby [4:33 P.M.]:  and its time u can think its stupid if u want but this is what i want and i am asking u to support my decsion

Lacaza3 [4:34 P.M.]:  I would like to met your girlfriend at some point
Lacaza3[4:34 P.M.]: 
I never said it was stupid...those are your words...
I just said slow down and both of you get to know one another pass the honeymoon stage...You owe it to each other
Lacaza3 [4:36 P.M.]: 
I've been in love landon I know what your feeling and it wonderful but a long term realtionship has to be able to survive the hard times..Go through some hardtimes then you will see the real her and she will see the real you..Does this make sense?

cozartbaby [4:36 P.M.]:  u will

Lacaza3 [4:38 P.M.]:  I Love you Landon and its a moms kind of love where we love our children no matter..My love and support doesnt change...
Because of that love I feel I must let you know my take on it...I realize you will do what you want because you are an adult
Lacaza3 [4:39 P.M.]: 
You have the right to do what you want and I will support you I just want the descion to be made with all the facts so that the descion becomes a successful one
cozartbaby [4:39 P.M.]: 
i am mom i can t afford to take her out or anything and she told me that it doesn t matter she wants me whatever it takes please when u met her don t lecture about it
Lacaza3 [4:40 P.M.]:  Oh Landon when have I ever lectured any of your girlfriends...?????
Lacaza3 [4:40 P.M.]: 
If she loves you what I say wont matter to her...Look at randys parents they havent ran me off yet
cozartbaby [4:41 P.M.]:  she is an angel and Jan 7 is the day and let me tell dad and neva

Lacaza3 [4:42 P.M.]:  Landon  you goofball you know I havent talked with your dad in probably over a year why would I talk with him now
cozartbaby [4:43 P.M.]: 
worried i might be making a mistake
Lacaza3 [4:43 P.M.]:  Yes I'm sure she is a great person but even angels have bad days...As long as you love the good and the bad because the two go hand in hand
What do you mean worried I might be making a mistake
cozartbaby [4:44 P.M.]: 
brb
Lacaza3 [4:44 P.M.]:  I dont know if your making a mistake or not I dont know this girl..but I know my son and he wants to be love just like everybody...There is nothing wrong I just want you to weigh all the facts over the next months..that all....

 cozartbaby [4:55 P.M.]:  yes
Lacaza3 [4:55 P.M.]: 
lunch hour
Lacaza3 [4:57 P.M.]:  I just dont want you to be hurt again go into this with your eyes wide open and your brain turned on HA!!!!
cozartbaby [4:57 P.M.]:  naw just slacking finished my work

 Lacaza3 [4:59 P.M.]:  Well sweetie I dont want you do get into trouble...So I will let you go  I look forward to meeting your new gal
cozartbaby [4:59 P.M.]: 
it is mom jan 7. mark ur calender
Lacaza3 [4:59 P.M.]:  ok ok I dont have alzheimer yet!!!
Lacaza3 [4:59 P.M.]:  :-D

cozartbaby [5:00 P.M.]:  this for real i am not going to get into trouble
Lacaza3 [5:01 P.M.]: 
who are you trying to convience here?? I said ok...
You act like I dont believe you..

cozartbaby [5:02 P.M.]:  well okay
Lacaza3 [5:02 P.M.]: 
Call me later sweetheart I love you....

"Sigh "to be young and in love....Why do I feel my words fell on deaf ears :-)

BOINGGG I just felt another gray hair pop out.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, this scares me.   I am SOOOO not looking forward to the day when one of my sons ims me to tell me he's getting married!   And you only lost ONE hair?   ~Sie

Anonymous said...

Well, you're gaining a daughter? :\

I'm sure it'll all work out for the best.  :)

~tara

Anonymous said...

E-gads...I guess all a mom can do is support their kids.  But it still gives the ol'heart a pang.  Especially when you've lived long enough to know what to do and they're just starting out.:)
Steph

Anonymous said...

Donna, Landon is making a horrible mistake.  He is so impulsive and it makes me wonder if he will stick to this just because he has to or just because he is so needy.  Now I don't know the story, but he loved me and talked about marriage to me 2 and a half weeks ago.  I considered it and wanted to give it time.  I pray that God is bringing them together and it is forever, but I just can't help but think he is just so dad gum needy that he can't control his emotions.  I love you Donna and I hope we can keep in touch.  Landon invited me to the wedding also and I just don't see myself there at this time.  I wish him all the luck and hope Ashley makes a wonderful daughter in law.  

Bethany

Anonymous said...

A lot can happen in a year............?
Candace