Wednesday, February 16, 2005

lookey what tara found

Got this also off taras journal and it looks even better than the one I suggest...so Take your pick and give me some feedback Donna     Oooh, child, things are gonna be easier... Relieved  |  "Ooh Child" by Five Fairsteps




Are annoyed that AOL-J limits you to 40 slots for linking Other Journals?

Is there a journal you enjoy but have difficulty reading because of its color scheme?

Are you tired of not having Alerts to indicate which journals have new entries?

When you do get Alerts, do you think it stinks that they don't display images or full text?

Wouldn't it be great if you could get alerts for non-AOL journals!

Do I sound like an infomercial or what!

Some of you already know about it...okay, I bet the majority of you do... but for those who don't, you've got to try Bloglines.com.  I've seen other journalers reference it, so I finally checked it this week. 

I *luv* it!  It's more addictive than technorati.com.  ;)

It's a free service that allows you to monitor journals (aka "feeds") in one handy-dandy location.  All you do is register for a free account, add your blog and then list the blogs you like ("subscribe").  Voila!  Smorgasbord de Journals! :)

To see what it looks like, check out this screenshot.  (Paul, that means no more reading those comment "Original Entry" fields) :)

Here are my top 5 reasons for luving Bloglines:

1.  I can keep tabs of more than 40 journals without having to depend on Alerts or repeated visits.  I currently read 62 feeds.  Yeah, I said 62.  It's *impossible* to keep up with 62 journals and still have a life.   So I've foregone the life...a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ;)

2.  I can get Alerts for my friends who have blogs at blogspot or Live Journal.

3.  I no longer have to use my journal's links to access to the journals I like.  I can run down my Bloglines list of feeds without distorting my counter.  I can also share my list o'links.  

4.  It's a dependable alternative to AOL-J's rolling Alerts blackouts.  I can instantly see which journals have new entries. Plus, they offer notifiers, their own version of instant alerts.

5.  If I want to leave a comment, I just click on the entry and I'm taken to the actual journal.  If not, I can keep reading.

So if you're interested,  visit bloglines.com

I'd suggest you tell them I sent ya, but then they'd look at you funny.  You wouldn't want that now.  Well, unless you have some bizarre desire to see what life is like through the eyes of a circus clown.  :)

 



pollysci at 7:44:09 PM CST (Link to this entry)

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok ok ok i have to go there....gonna go right now...lol...
kelly

Anonymous said...

Okeedokee, you have me convinced!  I am going to sign myself up right now!  Thank you!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well I'm definately interested!
Will look into this later :o)
Sara   x