Monday, July 18, 2005

conversations with Cameron

I come in from work at 11:30pm..

I heard someone crying...I thought huh... whats going on

I walk to where the sound is coming...Its my 10 year olds room.

ME:Cameron whats wrong why are you crying?

Cameron:<stands up and runs into my arms>

momma where were you I thought something happened to you

Me: I told you I had to work..

Cameron: You said you would be home at 8:00 but you didnt come home

Me: I'm sorry but the Dr was running behind in surgery and momma has to take care of the patients and make sure they are ok.

Cameron: Why didnt you tell me?

Me: I did call and told daddy but you were gone with collier and his mommy to eat at chick fil la...

Cameron: Daddy should of told me

Me: I'm sorry he probably forgot because you were gone and by the time you got back his mind moved on to something else...

Me:If something happened to momma ...daddy would let you know...

Cameron: I just worry about you mommie

Me: oh sweetie that is so sweet of you to worry but just know momma will be ok...God is watching over me...Say a prayer when you get worried

Cameron: ok I will....<He looks off into space and says....How did God take the Rib out of adam

Me:Well he just did I dont really know..

Cameron: I think sometimes it feels like I have a rib missing...

Me: oh Cameron you silly willy..I love you

Cameron...I love you too but I really do...

Me:your ribs are fine give momma a kiss and lets go snuggle..you can sleep in my bed just dont wake daddy<shhhh>

Cameron: <he giggles>ok

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna ... I love these entries about your conversations with Cameron.  I remember being that age and always worrying about my parents being hurt or killed.  I didn't want to be nobody's kid.  The stage passes.  I turned into an obnoxious pre-teen soon enough!  LOL

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling as a kid it was the worst in the world

Anonymous said...

How sweet...poor little guy worrying so much!!!  JAE

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that is so sweet *wipping a tear away*

Anonymous said...

awww...dont you just hate when kids worry so young?..I know my girl does this too and it kills me..she needs to not worry cause shell have PLENTY of time for it when she grows up..hehe

(((HUGS))) I didnt know..you're a nurse???

Anonymous said...

Cameron says the cutest and sweetest things. You seem to be such a good mom. Paula

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you let him sleep with you!  It really reassures them so much, and they get all that extra cuddling!