Sunday, July 3, 2005

Guess what were watching

Yeah guess what were watching..

Wizard of Oz... It's so different watching it as an adult... I see things I didn't see..

I see a skinny child sitting in front of me with her eyes so big...yelling at her sister to come in and see the movie...

ok so she really isn't there but if I close my eyes just right and listen maybe I can go back and be the excited and innocent child again....

Childhood.....takes me back...

Ohhhhhhhhh were off to see the wizard ........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest daughter ruined that movie for me because she watched it at least 5 times per day for about 6 months straight!  I used to love waiting for it to come on tv when I was younger once per year!  My little brother would hide behind the tv when the Wicked Witch would come and we would all laugh and tell him he was being a baby (he is now 6'2" tall and about 260 pounds!).  Ahhhh, the memories!!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

i love that movie!  I did have nightmares for a bit about the old bat riding past my window on her bike...lmao...

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that film!!
It used to be on every Christmas here, as was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Sound of Music!  They don't make 'em like that anymore do they ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Even now that film still touches me in ways that it did as a child. We all want to beleive in a magical place. The director must have had so much emotion within him to have a created a film that is so timeless. I Love it.
http://journals.aol.com/Hadonfield78/TheHadonfieldMyersExperience

Anonymous said...

I missed it last night.  I try to watch it every year, it's such a classic and a joy to watch no matter how old we get.  LOL