Saturday, July 16, 2005

Where in the world is Donna

Gee  this last week has been busy..

I have acutally had to work and let me tell you my but is draging...Well not literally but give me a few years..<wink>

A Rn I worked with referred me to a Dr she works for.... she said she liked my demeaner...said I was nurturing, calming and relaxing to be around..I thought wow thanks..<Thank goodness she didnt talk to my children.>

I had to take care of  a man who had plastic surgery...He was a very nice guy..I ended up staying over night with him at the hotel room he was in..

Hold up!!!! before your mind goes there Ha Ha ...It was strickly medical situation but it does sound like I'm a call girl huh..LOL

I called my husband while the patient was sleeping and told him that this was the first time I have been in a hotel room with anyone but him...He laughed...

I usually work in the hospital area but this patient didnt really need to stay in the hospital and he was from another state.

Acutally I really enjoyed it...I was really stressed about him..I take my patients

very seriously because there are someone loved one...someones brother,father,son etc...I didnt want anything bad to happen not that it would but you can never be sure....my theory expect the worse and then your prepared...

Anyway he was very nice not demanding and kind..... I was just tired from staying up all night watching him from2:30pm untill 7:00am the next morning...<I had just done two overnights a few days ago so I wasnt caught up with sleep>

Of course when I was 20 this wouldnt of mattered I could party all night and then go to work...dang this is what happens when you get old the mind is willing but the body is not...Guess who wins....The body

 I get home and think... wow I can sleep then remembered<darn> I had a DR appt at 10:00am I didnt trust myself to sleepfor 2 hours and wake up..

So I stayed up..and then the other Dr at the hospital called me in..I went in and the surgery got reschedule so I make a usless trip but I still got paid to whoo whoo

So long story short<sort of> I ended up going 36 hours or more without sleep..

This makes Donna no fun...

Donna feels very old on little sleep..

Boy I'm rambling..

 anyway that is my excuse for not getting to everybodies journals and putting a entry in mine...

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...

I fell asleep last night at 8:00pm and slept until 9:00am this morning...

Me nicer now...<sigh>

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work nights  and was a basket case all the time...the sun shined in my room all day long, roommates would wake me...I hated it....Ernie on therhand loves to work nights!
Becky

Anonymous said...

been missing you great to get an update!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a long time with no sleep...not me, that's for sure...NO WAY!!!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Working nights is difficult. I have done it. And I never could adjust. What kind of plastic surgery did this guy have?
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Lordy woman, that's a very long time without sleep!  I could never do it that's for sure even if I was making good money.  Glad you did finally get some sleep and glad that your hotel room patient was a nice man.  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

36 hours and no sleep....I would be a royal ummm...B*tch
Get some more rest girlie... =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I'd been missing you---that is an awful long time to go without sleep...