Wednesday, July 20, 2005

you never know

I took the kids to a new place that just opened called gattitown...A pizza game kind of place..

The kids were off playing well pretend playing games because mom cant afford pizza and games today only on or the other...They choose pizza and said they would pretend with the arcades...

I walked up to the drink station to get some tea...

a lady walked up beside me...I noticed her hair was really done nice...So I looked at her and said...I really like your hair its very pretty..

She smiled really big and said that is so sweet thank you...You really made my day!!!

Then she leaned in closer to me and said something that blew me away

She said...You don't know how much that means to me for you to complement my hair..

I kind of looked puzzled at her and she said..a year ago I was bald headed due to chemo treatments and its been a long time since someone complemented my hair..

I kind of didnt know what to say I had no idea...

I said I'm so glad your better... she smiled and walked away..

I thought to myself you never know what might seem like a simple comment can make someones day

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little testimony of sorts!  We really do never know how much even the simplest act of kindness might mean to some one......or how devastating a little rudeness might be.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

How nice!  What a difference you made in her life!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Yep, little acts of kindness can really have an impact on people.  I love holding the door open for people...it surprises most of them.

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/MyJournalJarSaturdaySixetcanswer

Anonymous said...

Awww...how sweet....that will stick with her for a long while....it's the little things in life...that makes peoples days sometimes....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

You are such a good person. Sometimes I feel that you do not realize just how good you are.

Anonymous said...

you never know how far a compliment can go...way to go girlfriend!   cancer is everywhere it seems   another customer of mine has it i just discovered by her baldness   i told her i'd keep her in my prayers   we need to find a cure one day!~kbear

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that was so sweet Donna!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa