Tuesday, September 6, 2005

conversation with a friend

I was talking with my friend today ..she was saying that a good friend of her's was volunteering at the Dallas convention center with the Hurricane suvivors.

She said overall most were very thankful and kind..

But <you knew there was a but> She said she did run into a few ungrateful people..

One in particular she rememebered was when she was giving out clothes to people..

She walked up to a woman and offered her a bag of nice clothing...

The girl turn her nose up and said<hateful> I don't wear those type of clothes...I need more sexy clothes with some slits here and there...

She said she looked at the girl threw the bag down at the girls feet and said

Look I'm not making your clothes special order...this is what you get...Do what you want with them or wear what you have on..She walked away

There is always a few who have to be asses...

Oh Well ..

I'm glad there were more appreciative people there than that one girl...

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this girl just didn't get how destitute she was yet??!  Thankfully we are not responsible for the response of others.....only to offer help and salvation.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Obviously this girl wasn't desperate enough yet!  If this happened to us I know we wouldn't give a crap if we were getting people's jeans that were 10 years old or tee-shirts too small or too big!  People should be happy that they have clothes on their backs period!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was me and I had a hot date lined up SOOOOORRRYY!

Kidding Kidding...some people.

Anonymous said...

There is always someone like that.  You can have 99 grateful nice people but the 100th will be a pain.  At least your friend's friend is out there trying.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I live here and have 3 children a single mom living on ssi children 1 boy 11& 2 girls 14/19 trying to get on food stamps since my child support has stopped and I do have a home but someone brought me clothes I would redo the clothes add splits or whatever but how does she have time to even consider sexy she needs to be on her knees thanking GOD she's alive. she has people waiting on her hand and foot. we owe not one of them anything everyone could have been evacuated if the mayor had of used all those school buses NO THEY WERE LEFT STANDING IN WATER WE HAD NO PROBLEM LETTING THEM USE OUR SCHOOL BUSES. we are still begging people to  leave now we might have to drag them out THESE PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES/MOTHERS/SISTERS/FATHERS. help us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help you treat us with respect  

Anonymous said...

that girl needs to grow up.