Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Frustration

I went today to eat lunch with my 5th grader Cameron.

Yesterday his math teacher basically said she couldn't handle him in her class...That isnt exactly how she said it but that is what she meant.

Cameron is ADHD..He is a sweet hearted child but he has a problem not making noise..sometimes I think its like a tic..

I don't know..He will sing in class or click or shuffle..especially while he is thinking or is bored or nervous

Personally I think these teachers are so used to being in a cushey school that don't know what they are doing...

He has one teacher he has no problems with...She gets him she understands..

It makes me sad...I'm tired of fighting dumb ass teachers..

I know if I said something to the principal she would jump on them because she is very caring and real... plus we are friends..She doesnt tolerate teachers that are high maintaince..She told me this herself

Everything I do has to be a fight...not literally..Where teachers like this when I was a kid.I don't remember...

Today I was sitting in the cafeteria waiting on Cameron..

I thought these children are so blessed they even pipe in music while the kids eat..I mean they do so much for the kids..I never had any of this stuff growing up..computers out the wazoo..they go to a camp in october...

I looked around and just felt sad..tears weld up in my eyes..

I feel hopeless and alone...My child is different so fucking get over it he is still a person look pass the behavior and see inside him...

Maybe it bothers me because it reminds me of my childhood ..kids making fun of me because my mom made my clothes..or my ears were too big..or my tooth was chipped..I don't know.

Maybe its because I know its only going to get harder once he goes into junior high or they call it middle school now..

Then I have 8 teachers to deal with...

He is in a special mastery center that helps him so now I guess he will be in it for math also...

I wanted to say to the teacher maybe the problem is you...you always pointing him out...

I will be glad he is out of her class...I didnt care for her right off the bat...

I sorry for all the doom and gloom...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you...get it off your chest! it was exactly like that for my boy he has adhd too! i went in the school last year after he had been puking all night from nerves, he had been beaten up..AGAIN, and i told them to shove their school...best thing i have ever done. got him changed to a new one after the holidays and it has been amazing the change in him. YOU GO TELL YOUR HEADMISTRESS FRIEND WHAT IS GOING ON AND LET HER SORT OUT THE CRAPPY TEACHER. good luck. keep in touch so i know how you get on.
http;/journals.aol.co.uk/stijoan.joannesjournal//
love Joanne. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Anonymous said...

I would definately say something to the principal about it... that is whats wrong in schools today..."some" teachers don't take the time out that is needed to work with kids...especially knowing  they have ADHD...I would be upset too!!!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I know  how your feeling about the whole "middle school" It's hard on everyone. My son just started. And after 3 weeks he's still adjusting. Your love and support will guide him though.  

Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

It's so tough to watch our kids and know that it can be a cruel world out there.  I would love to be able to protect them from all the insensitive and cruel things because it breaks my heart to see them hurt or in pain.  
I hope you are feeling better....just know that you are a great mom...you're doing a super job with your boys.   :)
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/lettingitallsinkin

Anonymous said...

Cameron looks SO much like you!

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

Anonymous said...

nothing to be sorry about, get it out, big prayer going out for Donna tonight!

Derek