Wednesday, September 28, 2005

You don't say

News came on tonight saying that some of the people from louisana <hurricane Katrina>who got FEMA cards with 2000.00 on it are not spending it on what it was set up to be spent on..

Can you guess what they have caught them spending the FEMA money on come on come on guess

Booze

Jewelry..500 diamond rings

Lap Dances...yep that is right they have been spending it at tiddy bars...

They advise the people who did this will be caught because the transactions are recorded...

Gee they should be on the stupid criminal video

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I can't believe that.
*Louise*
http://journals.aol.com/eternallife23/OurLives/entries/959

Anonymous said...

Theres no real big surprise.  Pisses me off to no end!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Yes, talk about stupid! Some people just don't get it. I hope they have to repay the money back if they spend it like that. Just a thought Brandie

Anonymous said...

They did a report on that here in ATL too.   The Red Cross cards were used in a nail salon; to purchase a $400 purse; jewelry, and various other non essential purchases.  No one is really surprised, are we?  

Anonymous said...

Complete bullsh*t!!!!  
They are thinking about their "wants" not their "needs"...and when the time comes...they won't have a pot to piss in.  I hope they have to repay it also
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I know they did not hand those cards out to everyone. Guess someone realized it was a bad idea !!
some of those people didnt have that much money before the hurricane.

Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

I thought about you last night......as we walked out our back french door onto the deck and face first into a complete spider web, including a spider the size of my face.  OK....it was the size of my thumbnail but when you're up that close......

My very first thought after "yuck!" was your journal's name.  

I hope everything is better with you and hubby.

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

Anonymous said...

Somehow I'm not surprised.