Sunday, February 19, 2006

conversation with zachary <8>

 

 

 

 

Last night l laid down with Zachary our 8 year old..........

Me: scoot over bed hog

Zach: Momma?

Me: What baby?

Zach: do you  have suxcs with daddy?

Me: suks ????what are you saying I don't understand that word

<ok  I knew but I was trying to play dump in case he really didn't know what he was saying lol>

Zach: <clears> talking timidly> Do you have sex with daddy?

I'm thinking:<ok the color is out of face and my mind is racing what to say what to say>

Me: Yes I do have sex with daddy why do you ask?

Zach: Oh .....ok you have sex with daddy because yall are in love right?

Me: Yes baby when two people are married and in love they have sex...

<he!! he!! had to throw in the married part...>

Zach: OK

Then he starts talking  on a different subject about some kids in his class like no biggie

Damn I was sweating it...

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dodged a close one there, lol.

Chris
Most recent entry was 2/17/06
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

SHEWWWWWW..you did good!! lol...And yes I ALWAYS throw the married part in..even if you are giving BIG OL kisses..lol...(what we call tongue ones..lol) AHHA...Im evil though..I even tell Lelsie if kids her age kiss, they could go to jail.>LMAO Hey whatever works, right?..LOL..(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Just after your husband offers to get goofy....your son starts questioning you.  :)
My 12 yr. old has been on this subject lately and I think it's time we have a good long talk with him....or his dad needs to have the talk.  LOL
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/SamNsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

You handled that well.  As long as you you are open with him he will feel comfortable to ask you anything instead of getting into trouble  finding out on his own.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

Can I give my 2cents on this????  It is obvious he is a bit curious about...something....may be he saw or heard something.  Without pushing it too much, have your hubby talk to him some, dig a little deeper...you never know...of course ALWAYS keeping the lines of communication open and comfy.  Loris

Anonymous said...

yeah I probly would have had a heart attack...Austin embarrasses very easily so he wouldnt have said the word...lol

Kelly

Anonymous said...

'married and in love they have sex'


those three words together in the same sentence? Only in America..... oh unless you forgot the 'don't'

Tee-hee

Anonymous said...

LOL  it's wonderful that your son feels comfortable enough with you to ask this question!!  You were honest and open to discussion and that means so much to him, I'm sure.  I call it a "special hug" with my younger daughter...it worked well with her sister until it was her time to really understand.  Now it's no holes barred!!
Michelle