Monday, February 6, 2006

I'm back from the trip from helllllllll

So what do you want first the good or the bad news... I will start with good since there isn't as much of it....

8 hours drive to Hattiesburg Mississippi went fine...

I met an amazing person name Jane Weiner the speaker of the course..

I thoroughly enjoy her company....and all her words of wisdom..

Had a wonderful dinner with Jane and know I will enjoy a new found friendship

I meet some sweet girls from Meridian and southern Mississippi

Got some cool prizes... The seminar was awesome and I really enjoyed it..

With that being said.......

Bad news......

We all were in the Howard Johnson from Hell...

That was only place we could get  a room in that town...

Terrible rooms....

things didn't work in the room like phones toliets..TV remotes

Toilet didn't flush and ran over

holes in doors where peep holes should be  instead they were cover with duct tape... that didnt stick

Doors didnt shuts all the way so you could see light cracking through the door

hairs on pillow and sheet...

crappie customer service and some scary ass  rough looking people still living there from the Hurricane who felt the need to party very late one evening I guess untill 1:00 AM...

I am cliff noting  this tremendously... I could write paragraphs on how bad this place was..

I even called the 800 customer service complaint  line

I got so sick Thursday evening...bladder infection from hell....spent all day Friday  when ever we got a break from the seminar I was on the phone trying to get my Dr in Texas to call me in some antibiotics to the walgreens in Mississippi...

The Dr came through for me however the walgreens there was so busy that I wasn't able to get the meds until Friday at 10:30..

Saturday I felt the worst of all...

Sunday seminar was over at 12:00

Said good bye to all the nice girls I met...and drove back another 8 hours...

I will never drive that far again I will only fly next time...

Traveling alone sucks... and for me as a woman was very scarey...especially were we stayed...

I learned alot and now I will be studying everyday until march 28 when I take the tests...

I called my husband as I drove out of hattiesburg to tell him I was on my way home and tears started flowing uncontrollable...I missed them so much and had been so nervous and scared every night at that hotel alone...

this was defenitley a learning experince for me..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awful!  I'm glad you made it back.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear - how awful - how ever did you get to find that hotel...and how frightening to be alone there....Glad the course was good and you met some nice people...Hope you are going to report that "H..ot..ell
                                                                              -       ---
to the appropriate people....  and so glad you made it home OK.....Ally

Anonymous said...

OMG you poor thing !! I would have been scared too.
Glad you are safely home.

Ellen