Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Happy birthday Landon

Yes I remember Dec. 14 1981 4:30 am so very well......

My first son was born and I was barely 20.....but I thought I was so grown up Ha!!!! I was laying on the labor and delivery bed by myself because back in those days no one could come back to see you....yep there were no tvs ....telephones.... anything in the room just you the walls and the pain.....Did I mention pain.....Now I'm no dummy and I knew it would hurt but this was beyong pain this felt like something inside of me was trying to kill me HA!!!! <now remember I was only 20>

My husband at the time was there with me but sleeping in the chair which only added pissed off to the pain I was having...

I thought I would have this baby natural nothing to it.....Well I changed my mind quick so after several hours of labor and dilating to an 7 I received an epidural aaahhhhh!!!  Now thats more like it .....kicking back sleeping letting nature take place without pain.

He came out in all his glory and I remember thinking yuk he isnt very cute and I dont feel anything but relief what is wrong with me...:-)  Yep did I mention 20 and a little dumb...

nevertheless I grew to love this cute little rolly polly and we basically grew up together......

Now my baby is 23  dang it 23  were have the years gone....In some ways I feel badly that I dont remember alot of his childhood because it was a struggle raising him and growing up myself...

I wish I could of done so many things differently but I was young and dumb myself ....so I did the best with what I had to work with..

of course there were things I did do well ...........

So Landon I just want to say I Love you sugar bear......you came into my life and blessed me like no other person ever could....

For so many years it was me and you kiddo.....I love that you are grown and I grieve that you are grown not a sad grieve just knowing that those years have gone and time moves on.....You have grown into a fine young man I'm proud of you.....

Thank you for allowing me to be your mom....and loving me . I look forward to sharing the many changes you will have in your life.

hugs and kisses

 

All my love,

MOM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... What a wonderful memory...
*Jennifer*
http://journals.aol.com/perkysgrl/APickleForYourThoughts

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son!  It's nice to remember those sweet times!

Michele  
http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Landon!
Candace

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW, Happy Birthday Landon!!!  Love the name by the way!!  How did you choose it?  Was it after Michael Landon the actor?  Just being nosy!  Hee-hee!  Remember, you did the best you could at the time in raising your son and I am sure he loves you just as much as you do him.  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry. I am sure you did a better job then you think. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my Mom's b-day too!  I was only 18 when I had my first, I remember pushing twice and saying, am I almost done???

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday do your son!:)
Steph